• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA NT: 2019 Dynamic Discs Glass Blown Open 24-Apr to 27-Apr-2019

So i guess a fixed camera behind the basket so we can see the discs coming in and the putt?

I doubt they would have a fixed camera on the island by itself. That could definitely affect shots. If its a manned camera then I could see it... maybe if the island was bigger. Go look up jomez coverage from last year and you will get a better idea of the hole.

I watch the preview of hole 16, and a fixed camera will be tricky. . if it´s behind the tee it will be hard to see where the disc lands. . and ON the island it will be in the way and will risk geting hit

I am pushing for behind the tee and zooming.

We will have access to it for the broadcast as well, plus it's own feed.

Sounds fun. . how will the flow work, when the last FPO card have done hole 16 are the first MPO card out near hole 16?

Yes. There should be about 10 min between cards, but I think that will be a backup hole in general.

Plus if all that isn't enough. We are gonna try something that we haven't done before. We are going to have a live camera on it's own feed for most of the day. We are gonna have hole 16 live. This is a raw feed. No commentary, no graphics. Just players throwing. I don't even know if we will have audio on it or not yet. This is something new we are going to try. If it works out well, we may do it thru the entire weekend, if is sucks... we will pull it. But hey, lets give it a try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8A94fS6ytg

I like this idea. Hope it works well.

This livestream is GREAT. . it kind of shows that Smashboxx have there own cameramen this time ;)

I'm assuming jvphobic got his PC issues fixed as well. :clap: Great quality so far.

Not to be critical. . but.
Looks like par will be a good score for the FPO field. . so with that in mind i think they are taking big risks for a birdy. .and often end up with a bogey or worse. . .playing boring par golf can be good sometimes. . Van Dyken is playing par golf and doing great

Last edited:
I'm assuming jvphobic got his PC issues fixed as well. :clap: Great quality so far.

I think his PC issues with Jonesboro had more to do with coordinating with the DGPT equipment. Specifically the DGPT cameras were sending a higher quality signal than the Smashboxx cameras do, so his system got a bit overloaded. Considering this broadcast is being done with more familiar equipment and software, namely stuff they've been using for years, I'd hope there were no unexpected bugs.

A note, Robert and Terry just showed how you sympathize with a bad outcome. Paige B. threw OB. They don't call it unlucky or unfair, they moaned, then they said not a great outcome, then they noted how Paige knew it right out of her hand.

These two are by far my favorite live commenters. They leave moments for you to watch and see what's going on, they understand what to say, and how to say it.

Is the feature card being live streamed? Can't find it on youtube.

edit found it

Last edited:
Yes. There should be about 10 min between cards, but I think that will be a backup hole in general.

Thanks for the great job you guys are doing. I do have a request that I've been meaning to ask you about for some time.
The screen bug graphic in the upper left corner indicating the hole number and the distance is way too small. Could you possibly double the size of it? No matter what device I watch the coverage on the graphic is just really tiny. I'd be curious if others agree or disagree with me on this. Thanks again.

Thanks for the great job you guys are doing. I do have a request that I've been meaning to ask you about for some time.
The screen bug graphic in the upper left corner indicating the hole number and the distance is way too small. Could you possibly double the size of it? No matter what device I watch the coverage on the graphic is just really tiny. I'd be curious if others agree or disagree with me on this. Thanks again.

Come on, get a bigger TV. :D I agree, on most screens that graphic is tiny.

Come on, get a bigger TV. :D I agree, on most screens that graphic is tiny.

Wait, there's a screen graphic in the upper left corner? Martha! I need new glasses.