• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] PDX

Got two metal flake PDX. Perfect beast x compliment. Not nearly as OS as I thought it would be, and the purple I got has a huge nipple which I hate. But otherwise a solid disc, mega mega glide.

I think that was less os run. the aussie fundraiser one I barely acquired was really os. like blazing fast speed with hardly any turn.

Personally, I waiting for this disc in a softer plastic and some lightweight options. I got no problem with max weight champ in less stable molds. But the PDX is yes an X.

I get flashing.... But. How does the nipple bother you? Other than aesthetically.

It bothers me aesthetically ;)

I don't know if it will fly differently but other molds that come out with big nipples on top of their dome fly differently so I am prejudiced.

I love me some big nipples. If I can't twirl that disc on my finger, I don't want it in my bag.

I think we are talking about different things. I mean when the quarter sized center gets pushed up so the top of the dome sticks up like a real anatomical areola.

Saw there were some McBeth signature PDX's put on the Discmania online store this moring. And..........sold out. Will this mold ever be put into regular production?

I think it will be a perfect disc for me in a softer, tackier plastic like s swirl, or p line.

The beautiful aussie fundraiser that I threw into thick wet grass (to make sure this disc stays mint) had a big, fast and os flight.

What are you throwing in lieu of discmania?

A bit of a variety, but nothing that isn't readily available through online retailers or local sellers for stock price(I learned my lesson about stocking a bag with limited runs).

E-Spirit's, Star/Pro Wraith's, E-Diablo's, Z-Buzzz's, S-Demon's, SS Wizards

Now don't get me wrong...Discmania does make some fantastic disc's. The FD is one of, if not, the best flying fairway drivers in the game. The P2 is another solid mold.

Anyway...resume the PDx discussion. Is this run similar to the original run?

A bit of a variety, but nothing that isn't readily available through online retailers or local sellers for stock price(I learned my lesson about stocking a bag with limited runs).

E-Spirit's, Star/Pro Wraith's, E-Diablo's, Z-Buzzz's, S-Demon's, SS Wizards

Now don't get me wrong...Discmania does make some fantastic disc's. The FD is one of, if not, the best flying fairway drivers in the game. The P2 is another solid mold.

Anyway...resume the PDx discussion. Is this run similar to the original run?

What run are you considering the original run?

I've thrown the EO Swirls, the DGWT, and the DGWT MF and they were all almost exactly the same. I have some of the newest run on the way, I'll let you know if they are the same.

They all seem pretty similar. More dome than I would like, a bit of flashing, and plenty OS but no where near OS PD2 beefy

This is exactly why I stopped throwing Discmania. Too many "boutique runs" of their molds.

I was interested in the PDx when it got announced (hey it has the same name as Portland's airport code which seems cool to have in the bag at least). But having no stock version of the disc over a year later has left a bad taste in my mouth. I have no interest in a disc I can only buy directly from Discmania at fairly high prices every blue moon when they do another limited fundraiser run. I know I'm a hypocrite because I bag a Sexton Firebird, but at least I know it's replaceable easily with a stock run Star Firebird (and runs of Sextons get released on a pretty regular cadence).

What run are you considering the original run?

I think these were the original run right? Or was there an earlier run?

12393698_1493388070969217_1331298754_n.jpg

These newest Mcbeth runs are supposed to be a bit flatter and gummier from what I was told. I'm not the biggest fan of the c line pdxs but do bag the swirly s line ones. I managed to get my hands on a few of the Euro Open ones as well as the x outs from the same run. So replacements are not an issue for me anymore. I just love the way the pdx flies though, it's become one of my go to discs.

Once they get s or p line I'm in. Great disc that I have hanging on the wall from the aussie. This is a badass flyer that exhibits speed twelve penetration.

What kind of shots do you guys use PDx for? I'd like to try this disc out but I'm not sure if I have any use for the disc.

It feels like it's too fast for a control driver and but doesn't not offer enough distance potential for max D.

Latest posts