• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Photon (11-12 Speed) Distance Driver

Has anyone tried the Plasma Photons yet?
I bought one off of eBay with the HOTT stamp and it'll be here next week. I'm hoping for more glide and maybe slightly less stable out of the box.

^I haven't, I had to resist the fund-raisers. I'm curious to see what they bring to the table that a P/N/Fiss lineup don't do.

I mostly like the feel of the plastic. I received the disc today and really like how it feels. Flight plate is really thin and slightly translucent with some sparkle. Love Plasma.
The plh is about the same as all my other Photons but the plasma is a bit domier than my Proton. My camera is broken so I can't take a picture.
The plasma is a 171 that I can compare to my 172 neutron tomorrow at the course. Pretty excited about this.

I grabbed a Plasma this weekend. Super flexy, almost too flexy for my taste, and kinda pop-top and beefy. Are there less domey plasmas out there?

I grabbed a Plasma this weekend. Super flexy, almost too flexy for my taste, and kinda pop-top and beefy. Are there less domey plasmas out there?

Not what I was hoping for. Prob just get a defy now.

Not what I was hoping for. Prob just get a defy now.

I got to throw it a couple more times today. I think it's not QUITE as soft as I was thinking, it was really hot yesterday and spent like an hour in the car.

I know it's super new, got like 5 throws on it, but it seems a hair beefier than my Protons...but plasma's so nice. I'm hoping it'll mellow some once I get the new knocked off it.

I need some help choosing a photon flavor. Right now I have a 155 fission that flies dead straight and fades thrown flat at my 325ft of power in no wind. In a moderate wind, I'll get a fart of turn. Also keep in mind I'm at high altitude (5000ish ft).

What is my best option if I'm looking to get a much more decent amount of distance generating turn?

Should i go lower into the fission 140s? Or go for something like a 155 proton? Or maybe a 170 plasma for some much needed high altitude glide (I'm assuming it'll be domier)? Or maybe I need to switch to a wave in some specific plastic?

I can hyzer flip my fury to 350ft, but it's not reliable in any wind. The photon is my first mvp driver and I love the way it feels in my hand. Please help!

I need some help choosing a photon flavor. Right now I have a 155 fission that flies dead straight and fades thrown flat at my 325ft of power in no wind. In a moderate wind, I'll get a fart of turn. Also keep in mind I'm at high altitude (5000ish ft).

What is my best option if I'm looking to get a much more decent amount of distance generating turn?

Should i go lower into the fission 140s? Or go for something like a 155 proton? Or maybe a 170 plasma for some much needed high altitude glide (I'm assuming it'll be domier)? Or maybe I need to switch to a wave in some specific plastic?

I can hyzer flip my fury to 350ft, but it's not reliable in any wind. The photon is my first mvp driver and I love the way it feels in my hand. Please help!

Going to proton at the same weight will likely come out more OS. If a 155 fission isn't super turney, you might need to try a Wave, and I'd say no heavier than 165. It'll feel pretty similar in the hand.

There's also a small chance that the 155 Fission you have is flukey OS, and if you get another one it may turn more. My 153 is pretty flippy for me, @ 375+.

i have about the same distance and my 143 fission flips to flat from a nice hyzer, turns a bit slowly, then fades back to center or just left of it depending on the amount of hyzer. I expected an unusable disc at 143 but it's my go to distance driver and my farthest disc to date. I pair a heavy proton for wind and looking to add a lightish wave for rollers and lower hyzer-flips.

Might want to try a Vanish if you want a roller disc. Has a bit more turn than a Wave without being stupid US like an Orb.

i have about the same distance and my 143 fission flips to flat from a nice hyzer, turns a bit slowly, then fades back to center or just left of it depending on the amount of hyzer. I expected an unusable disc at 143 but it's my go to distance driver and my farthest disc to date. I pair a heavy proton for wind and looking to add a lightish wave for rollers and lower hyzer-flips.

my buddy also uses one of these super light weight photons but mentioned the other day throwing a heavy neutron wave more often. I haven't been able to beat a heavier photon into anything close to wave stability but the 145-135g fissions are very wave like off the shelf.

Might want to try a Vanish if you want a roller disc. Has a bit more turn than a Wave without being stupid US like an Orb.

Maybe that's a better direction. My 170 proton wave was just about the same as my 143 photon. Maybe a bit more stable. Is the rim of the vanish closer to the feel of photon/wave or closer to the orbital. That crazy low PLH and rounded shoulder just felt odd.

Yea that had me worried when I first thought of getting one. Its sort of in between, and IMO, probably closer to the wave. Definitely rolls a better line than the Orb, without that mega dump to the right.

I have a 155 Fission Photon and get a similar flight as you do.

The 145 Fission Photon I have is flippy and will just dump at the end.

My 165 Wave feels just as good as a Photon. I will Hyzer flip my wave but I get closer to 375 with my 175 Photon so I would think it would fit the spot you are looking for.

I have a 155 Fission Photon and get a similar flight as you do.

The 145 Fission Photon I have is flippy and will just dump at the end.

My 165 Wave feels just as good as a Photon. I will Hyzer flip my wave but I get closer to 375 with my 175 Photon so I would think it would fit the spot you are looking for.

:confused: Wait, which one were you recommending? The 165 Wave or the lighter Photon?