• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PIAS - Great Finds

SpikeHyzer

* Ace Member *
I stopped by the local PIAS today to check out their stock and what should appear on their shelves, but a 175g Champion Whippet-X...price...$9.99. So...scored me a brand new champ whippet-x...

So...anybody else have some great finds PIAS?

I wish we still had a PIAS around here ...the one we did have went out of business like 6 years ago...so now the closest one to me is like 45 minutes away in a town I never go to for any reason...

I've seen ce polaris and jls, a few champ rocs,and some older pro plastics that are discontinued. Most people scoop up the rare discs, but you can find nice stuff if you're willing to dig through them for an hour. I picked up some brand new used wizards for $4.99 a piece, it was the only place I could find a firm wiz.

Most of the good finds are discs with worn stamps that most people can't read. If you tilt them in the light just right you can make out what it is.

good lord. where in the hell do you people live?! around here, NOBODY sells discs to pias. they NEVER have any used discs at all much less gems.

There are a lot of disc fisherman around here, and a lot of courses with bad water holes. Some of the water spots are 10'+ deep so you have to dive down to get them, and not many people want to do that in creek water. Most of the guys around here don't bother selling them on ebay, they just sell them to PIAS so we all get a piece of the pie. It's a nice little cycle.

I'll take a picture of the DG section at my pias tomorrow just so you can see what you're missing.

Donkeypuncher said:
I'll take a picture of the DG section at my pias tomorrow just so you can see what you're missing.

The first time I went into that one my jaw dropped. I have never seen so many discs in one place. That place is amazing and the lady who works there is very nice.

The PIAS around here sells all new discs. Every once in a while I browse them just to see what they have. Occasionally I see some old discontinued stuff. Never seen anything that was truly a gem though.

I almost forgot abut this one...

I walked into ours back when I first started playing. I picked up a brand new max weight Phoenix and Hammer. I had spent some time on Innova's site so I new these were old discs. Snagged em for $4.99 each. Ended up trading both of them for a CE Teebird and a CE Firebird about a year later.

the owner of my local is a disc head, so he snags up all the good stuff cheap and puts it in his stash. he shows me the stuff he gets. a couple weeks ago he got a brand new, max weight 9x KC roc for $10. He has about 300 CE discs in the closet.

I have picked up about a dozen CE discs from the PIAS, a few valks, a few leopards, a few eagles, and two firebirds. I bought 3 bar stamp super rocs, 4 SE TLs, 5 SE Leopards and two 10x rocs and one 8x roc. Oh and some random amount of San marino rocs.

At my local PIAS, you have to show up at the right day because one of the employees is a disc head and he will snag all the good stuff.

Time to resurrect an old thread.

Went into the PIAS again. Got the hook up.

Proto Wizard 9.5 out of 10 (The original proto wizards...brick red)
G9i Wizard 9.5 out of 10
G6i Demon 9.5 out of 10
G6i Demon 7.5 out of 10
G1i Sabre 9.5 out of 10 (Straight from Kid's bag)
Original Nike Spirit 9.5 out of 10

I might go back and clean them out. A local player deposited a crap load of plastic from his collection. Mainly Gateway and Millenium. And for those of you who have never thrown the G6i, it is like a Demon-L. Money straight.

BLURR said:
Time to resurrect an old thread.

Went into the PIAS again. Got the hook up.

Proto Wizard 9.5 out of 10 (The original proto wizards...brick red)
G9i Wizard 9.5 out of 10
G6i Demon 9.5 out of 10
G6i Demon 7.5 out of 10
G1i Sabre 9.5 out of 10 (Straight from Kid's bag)
Original Nike Spirit 9.5 out of 10

I might go back and clean them out. A local player deposited a crap load of plastic from his collection. Mainly Gateway and Millenium. And for those of you who have never thrown the G6i, it is like a Demon-L. Money straight.
You live in WDM, right? Is that from the PIAS on Swanson?

SOOO many good finds at PIAS! At the one here in Texarkana I found a few x-out Champ Whippets for $7 each and a few Pro Orcs (regular price...but they're hard to find new).

The one back in Dallas / Carrollton...oh man I spent so much money there! I went in there one day, right after the current owners took over (and before they knew much about disc golf) and there was a stack of 9-10 CE discs in the used bin, all for $8.99 a pop. I picked up a TB, 2 Valks, 2 Firebirds (whatever the monster-looking mold was), and a Leopard, all in good shape...I still throw the TB. I also got an old Sanny Roc for $5, a brand new BB Grid Aviar for $7, new 11x Candy Gazelle for $9, and a bunch of old DX stuff one particular day (ontario stingrays, whippets, panthers, rams...all for about $5 each). Also got a first run CE Aviar (x-out) for $7...oh, and a new 3x JK Aviar for the same price.