• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PIAS - Great Finds

Itchy said:
Well, seeing as six posts early I said I bought an Opto Core marked as used Pro D plastic I'd go with I was joking and that I know and buy discs from PIAS.

I didn't think Plastic In Another Swamp was very believable... sorry for the confusion.

I actually thought it was pretty funny :lol:

9/10 Discarrier with Phenix quads. Quads look used, but the bag was basically brand new. A little grass in the bottom, but it looks like someone won it and didn't want to keep it.

$120 worth of kit for $50? Don't mind if I do.

had time to stop into PIAS before class today. turned out to be a good day

11x KC Pro Aviar $5.99 - stamped is fading and has a nice gash, but the BB is still legit on it
Omega AP 166g $5.99 - old stamp, no run. firm, grippy. a bit light, but I couldn't leave it
Glow KC Pro Aviar $3.99 - in better shape than the previous 2 putters and cheaper!
Sanny Q-Sent $8.99 166g - little light but still stable and basically unthrown. Going right in the bag for Roc type shots

Had a good putter haul this sat

$3.99 8/10 omega 1.9 money,gritty n flat black ,stamp intact
$0.99 6/10 bb grid aviar, small crack but good wall hanger w/ rainbow stamp
$4.99 8/10 4 chain magnet w/ pulse stamp almost minty w/ no ink
$2.99 8/10 86 softie good wall hanger,oak grove stamp
$2.99 5/10 chains aviar beat up goodness
$2.99 - 6/10 omega 1.15 money ,concave black mega

Make me an offer on it :)

IMG_20110806_171449.jpg

Is their tooling or is it a first run (not really a true first run since it has PDGA Approved on the hotstamp)?

No tooling is the first full production run. Tooling indicates that they were of a later run. Putter (not PDGA Approved Putter) stamp were the prototypes or true first runs.

Sorry, not sure what they are going for. I'd say 15-25 depending on tooling.

you guys make me so jealous. I hate that I'm 100 miles and 2 hours away from the nearest PIAS that has discs. I've only been in there twice in 3 years! And each time I find goodies. Killing me.

Nice find there. I grabbed up an 11x Champ Eagle a few days ago and i'm digging it. I haven't thrown Eagles since I lost my first one back before I had any kind of decent form. The thing flies beautifully now that I have stepped up my game.

It's kind of odd, but I find that the Eagle flies like a faster Fuse, and the Archon flies like a faster Eagle for me....Maybe its just the throws I choose to use them on :?:

linkinparkervii said:
mickas said:
new013 said:
Photo%252520on%2525202011-08-08%252520at%25252023.55.jpg

found this in the bin yesterday.

what is it?

CE Eagle, The stamp is really faint

yup... apparently somebody bought a CE Eagle, threw it a handful of times and then tossed it in the drink. then one of the 'i comb ponds for discs to sell at PIAS guys found it' and i guess didn't realize what it was. the stamp is faded but the disc is in such great shape that most of the flashing is still on the edges. i couldn't believe it when i saw it, the guy at PIAS did realize what it was and wanted $15 for it but I gladly paid it and took it home.