• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Pig - Devout Followers Describe

djjeremiahj

Double Eagle Member
What is this disc all about?
I've heard so much about it, i see a lot of guys use it... and it seems to be a standard of some sort....<"It's the pig of distance drivers."; "It's a longer Pig".>

please enlighten the masses.

From my assessment it's a speed 3 putter.....
why would i want to use a pig when i already carry an Aviar, Rhyno and Roc?

<asking because i'd like input before i impulsively buy another disc, i'm really struggling to lock in my putter/short approach ranges.... and btw, i searched for a thread already.>

It's a really beefy putter that is basically a really slow midrange, make sense?

It's a really beefy putter that is basically a really slow midrange, make sense?

absolutely....
almost like a max weight putter with a tad bit more glide..... or
a slo-mo (like the movie matrix:D) Roc...

so many of the "good" players i play with use it...
why? i have a Aviar, Rhyno, Gator, Roc, Buzzz and Leopard....
what does it do better or <different>?

More like a Rhyno that doesn't suck as hard.

What is this disc all about?
I've heard so much about it, i see a lot of guys use it... and it seems to be a standard of some sort....<"It's the pig of distance drivers."; "It's a longer Pig".>

please enlighten the masses.

From my assessment it's a speed 3 putter.....
why would i want to use a pig when i already carry an Aviar, Rhyno and Roc?

<asking because i'd like input before i impulsively buy another disc, i'm really struggling to lock in my putter/short approach ranges.... and btw, i searched for a thread already.>

Pig is really realy overstable. A super overstable rhyno in other words. Great short range drive and great for big hyzer. Performs great in the wind.

Actually the Pig has almost ZERO glide, and that is the beauty of the disc; you know exactly what it will do every time you throw the disc.

The majority of the weight of the disc is in the rim, so to me it feels like I am throwing a blunt-edged driver when I use it from the tee. And like it was stated above, the Pig is great in the wind. If it starts to get turned, don't be afraid, because it will ALWAYS fade back.

If I have a hole 330' or less with enough room to the right I can park the Pig under the basket with extreme consistency. It is my favorite disc in my bag. Plus, it is a great hyzer upshot disc, and I use it for putting in extremely windy conditions too. I'm begining to learn to forehand the disc on short flick shots. Due to it being such an overstable disc, it fill this position great as well.

The Pig really improved my game. I use it for all tight gap shots up to 300'. Give it a little anhyzer on release and its so stable it will go perfectly straight for almost its entire flight path before fading off at the end.

Only thing about it is that the Pro Plastic seems to beat in fairly fast. The Discraft Zone in ESP plastic seems almost identical in flight path and much more durable.

Only thing about it is that the Pro Plastic seems to beat in fairly fast. The Discraft Zone in ESP plastic seems almost identical in flight path and much more durable.

I second that statement. Even though the discs don't look exactly alike, the flight path pretty much is. I think the Zone skips a little more, but that may just be the ESP vs Pro plastic.

As for the OP, I used to think the Rhyno and Pig overlapped, but they do not at all. The Pig is way more stable, even compared to a stable champ ryhno, and way faster. Right now it is one of the only discs I can flick dead straight if I really crank it, and it is great for big hyzer approaches or approaches where you need more carving than you can get out of a rhyno.

So in danger of feeding your addiction, I say snag one. Way easier to find than an ESP Zone too, although that is a great alternative.

I can say they don't like being slammed into trees too much. The Pro plastic is pretty gummy and I've warped two now pretty bad hammering trees. That said, it is a sweet disc and I'll continually buy more as I destroy old ones with my spectacular game I've got.

Pig is really realy overstable. A super overstable rhyno in other words. Great short range drive and great for big hyzer. Performs great in the wind.

Would you compare it to a discraft Zone?

Can someone post a pic of this disc being referenced by the OP, I looked for it on Disc Nation but came up with zilch.

Thanks

What's your beef with Rhynos? You bash them every chance you get. Ease up.

I don't like the cutesy spelling, I'm a grammar nazi.:rolleyes:

Nah, I just don't like extremely overstable putters with zero glide, you can only ding the chastity belt so many times before it gets old. If I played somewhere windy though I'd probably like it but here in NC's forests it seems kind of useless.

the pig is awesome. i had a pro pig for a long time. lost it in a pond yestaday and now have a r pro pig. and there great if it doesnt go in the basket it sits down perfect with no rollaways. and if it hits ne chains it just hangs on!

I had a Pro Pig, hit a 175 foot ace with it, my best friend in the wind. I now have an R-Pro Pig. I feel naked with out one. Great hyzer disc, or snap a mean anhyzer on it and watch it fight and come back. Wind putter. Short drives. Awesome disc! Same ratings as Rhyno, just a 3 spd instead of 2.

If i have a Gummy Rhyno
Do i need to experiment with the pig?

(I also carry a gator, roc, buzzz and putt with a max weight Aviar).

from what i read, its the same thing, with a tad bit more distance?
(I am very satisfied with my Rhyno, but i am curious about a disc that seems to be an "unofficial" industry standard.)

the pig replaced a lot of discs for me. i use it as a mid, instead of a gator, roc, cro, etc. you can throw it so hard without worrying about it flipping that you can get surprisingly good straight distance. as a minimalist, i use that and a distance driver only. best short distance sidearm disc out there. love the thumbtrac too.

Latest posts