• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Plant foot

I plant on the ball so that i can rotate my body while still keeping my weight centered and on top of the disc.

definitely the ball...dont want any unfortunate knee injuries becuase too much of my foot was down and i tried to rotate on it

This may be kind of off topic but it is kind of close.

Where are you supposed to be on your feet during the entire x-step. I've never really thought about what part of my feet that I am on and does it really make that big of a difference? hrmmmmm.

when i started i would have my whole foot down on the run up but i realized it wasnt very effective. at the start of my throw i bounce on the balls of my feet a couple times and then stay there for my run up and throw. this was pretty easy for me, from playing tennis for years but i think it made my throw much smoother

well i think as long as you end on the ball then the rotation would be nice and smooth and easy on the knees. and if it works for you, great. i just have some problems with my ankle and changing it from heel to ball so quickly might be too much movement and might mess it up more if i misstep. I do know someone who goes heel heel and then ball for the plant which mystifies me

Takeichi said:
for back hand i do Right Left Right; heel, ball, ball

I like to tread as lightly as possible on balls all the way! ;-) But really I do my x step like this. As much on the toes as possible while still retaining control and balance.

i like to push off with my foot for momentum and then tiptoe it all the way through

for more laser straight shots, I tend to rotate on my toes. For power shot I rotate on my heel. I don't plan it out, it just happens.

I prefer the Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, heel, ball, ball method!

is that for single player or two-player? you missed the select button if you want 2-player.

when i am throwing hard i set my heel down but then roll it onto the ball as my weight comes forward.

Blake, when I try to do this I end up with my weight going over my plant foot (after the hit) and nearly stumbling off of the tee pad (so more of a stumble/pivot (stivot or pumble?)). Am I moving too fast?

kcantrell-
You are torquing/throwing too hard-and your timing is off. I amaze myself everyday when I throw more smoothly and watch discs go farther than powering them. The throw you are discribing is a roller 8)

Steezo,
Thanks. I do feel like I throw too hard a lot. I have had those nice-and-easy throws that go just as far or farther than my crank-the-hell-out-of-it drives (and btw I don't loose control as much if at all) and it's like an epiphany, but I'll be darned if I can repeat it consistently. Practice, practice..... :D