• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Play with any injuries?

I damaged both shoulders, both wrists and torn a tendon or two in my forearm at work. My forearm (throwing arm) is maybe 75% and this happened a year and a half ago. My job and lifestyle has not let it heal properly. I am now (sometimes) using and tennis elbow brace and it helps some when I play. I also need to rotate my shots (BH, FH, Roller, etc.) when I play.

I generally am only good for a couple hours of play. I can handle about 36-54 holes on a quick play pace, but during tournament pace I am only good for about 27 holes. Fatigue kicks in, distance drops off. It wouldn't be so bad if my accuracy was perfect but sometimes my arm pull through like a broken rubberband. It's disappointing and funny at the same time. I have learned to just let my arm follow through and come to its own stop then force it to stop quickly. It helps the pain but definitely not my game. Cost me about a stroke every other hole now. Distance RHBH is about 60' shorter than before. I also cannot support free weights very well and need to do all of my lifting by machine.

I am planning on trying to learn how to play with the off arm this year. Road tripping is not as fun when I cannot play as many courses as I would like. Plus it doesn't have poor muscle memory yet. I played tennis with two forehands for years so I feel I could probably switch. You should see how people get angry when they hit a ball just out of reach of a backhand and I send a forehand back at full speed. It's priceless.

Hole 7 at Grand Woods in Lansing,MI, my fiance threw her shoulder or something out trying the shoot a tomahawk from behind a bush...I'm sure it was painful, but dayum it was funny

Hole 7 at Grand Woods in Lansing,MI, my fiance threw her shoulder or something out trying the shoot a tomahawk from behind a bush...I'm sure it was painful, but dayum it was funny

#deathofarelationship :D

Latest posts