• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Players Cup - 10/19-21 - Who's going to take it down?

Who will take down the Players Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Results are up after the second round!

Huge upsets today came when second seed in the Ibex region, 1032-rated Bradley Williams, lost to 15th seeded D. Loomis in the first round, and 2009 World Champion Avery Jenkins lost in the second round to Adam Hunt.

In the Pick 'Em contest, we have a 2-way tie for 1st between Anthony Marucci and Mike Anderson, and a 3-way tie for third place between:

• Murphy, Scott
  • Cartwright, Travis
  • Augustine, Alyssa

Congrats to all the Sweet 16 players who have advanced to the second day, and good luck to everyone in the Pick'Em contest!

Results are up after the second round!

Huge upsets today came when second seed in the Ibex region, 1032-rated Bradley Williams, lost to 15th seeded D. Loomis in the first round, and 2009 World Champion Avery Jenkins lost in the second round to Adam Hunt.

In the Pick 'Em contest, we have a 2-way tie for 1st between Anthony Marucci and Mike Anderson, and a 3-way tie for third place between:

• Murphy, Scott
  • Cartwright, Travis
  • Augustine, Alyssa

Congrats to all the Sweet 16 players who have advanced to the second day, and good luck to everyone in the Pick'Em contest!
D. Loomis played some good golf at the Iowa Collegiate Championship and beat me by two strokes for overall so good for him and I know he was happy to get one of the last spots for this tournament.

For those following the Pick 'Em, bracket closely, you'll notice that someone put in an "ALL_FAVORITES_EXPERIMENT" where he or she picked the better seed in the entire contest. Despite yesterday's upsets, this entry is currently tied for 6th place after 2 rounds!

It shall be interesting to see as the rest of the tournament progresses where this entry ultimately finishes, but I think the lesson to be learned is that opposed to the NCAA "March Madness" basketball tournament where there are "Cinderella" teams and upsets galore, the better seed in our disc golf tournament seems to wins a great deal of the matches early on. This occurred last year as well.

Good luck the rest of the way to our players and to everyone in the Pick'Em contest!

The Elight Eight are set!

Congratulations to Dave Feldberg, Paul Ulibarri, Cale Leiviska, Eric McCabe, Nolan Grider, Jeremy Koling, Will Schusterick, and Ricki Wysocki for making the final 8 of the The World Match Play Championship, presented by [url="http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/]Vibram Disc Golf[/url]. :clap:

The obvious upset of the last round was 4th-seeded Nolan Grider taking out #1-seeded and current PDGA World Champion Paul McBeth. Smaller "upsets" were #3-seeded Eric McCabe taking out #2 seed Nate Doss in the Ridge quadrant, and #3-seeded Paul Ulibarri knocking out #2 seed Nikko Locastro in the Ascent quadrant.

In the Pick 'Em contest, Benjamin Ruby is in first place with 78 points. Just one back, Anthony Marucci and Allen Stewart are tied for 2nd place. James Farmer and Travis Cartwright are tied for 4th only another point back with 76.

When viewing the results, please take note that you can now click on "[url="http://www.mysideline.com/u/20084/custom/playerscenarios.htm]Player Scenarios[/url]" and check out your best possible finish place, and who to root for as your Champion, Runner-up, and other Round 4 players. :thmbup:

Good luck the rest of the way to our players, and to everyone in the Pick'Em contest!

The beast gets slain. That just ruined a few brackets. Marucci has to be upset, that's for sure.

I don't know why...but I'm feeling McCabe taking a run at the title.

And not many people had Grider or Koling for their final four either, so that won't affect most people losing ground on points.

I'm way down the list, but still have 112 points possible with six out of the elite eight correctly chosen. All of my final four picks are alive, so I am holding out hope.