• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Polar Open - The Colony, TX Jan. 21st

I was thinking about playing. Not sure yet...

Email I got back from the TD:

The players pack that we will be doing is a $5 coupon that can be used to purchase items at the tournament. The beanies are the official swag for this tournament and they will be $5 each.

There is also a $1,000 guaranteed ace pot for this tournament. No monies taken from payouts and no need to buy into the ace pot. Our sponsor Blue Phoenix has made this possible.

Let me know if you have any questions.

The only question that was not answered was payout for AM players.

Email from TD on payout for AM players:

Woops. Sorry.

The payout for AMs will be in discs and swag. Players will be given a monetary value that they can then use towards discs of their choice. We will hold some discs back for the payouts so that there is a wide variety to choose from when everyone starts looking.

I was thinking about playing. Not sure yet...

You should. You didn't get to play the #3 SLD tourney held there...never know you could hit that ace for some sweet cash. I think I am going to let David play and have a girls weekend with my daughter.

Bill and I signed up a couple days ago and the prereg list just hasn't been updated. I'm sure there will be plenty of players. The Colony is a very popular course. Unless it looks like it will fill, there may be a few dozen people who sign up Saturday morning just to save the online signup fees.

Only one hole I can think of that I have any realistic chance of acing. But hey, that's a chance at a grand. :)

I have not signed up yet, but am planning on being there. Weather looks like it's gonna be great again.
Even I have a shot at hitting 3 or 14 for an ace…$1000 for my first ace? I'd take that…

Prereg list still hasn't been updated since we signed up this past weekend. That might mean only a couple of people signed up since then and it's not worth the trouble to upload yet.

Latest posts