• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Polar Open - The Colony, TX Jan. 21st

Signed my honey up today along with his buddy.

Still wish I could play. boo. Hope he brings home some cashola.

Only one hole I can think of that I have any realistic chance of acing. But hey, that's a chance at a grand. :)

I hit hole 8 with a thumber at the Into the Woods tournament. Ace pot was at $500...I should have saved that shot for this weekend!

A question of divisions…

So, I'm gonna try and get up to the Colony to get registered today, and I'm trying to decided what division to sign up for. The online prereg list is up to 34 players and includes two guys signed up for the novice division. My highest rated round in a tournament was 777 or 780, I think, and if the ratings update was released today, my rating would prob be around 740……I know……

So, would signing up for the novice division be lame? Or a smart golf decision?
Or should I sign up for Rec for a greater challenge, knowing that I may come in last……again?

yep, 34 players now, and it looks like we will have at least 3 ladies in advanced, b/c I know Lourdes is planning to play. Should be fun! :)

Just signed up for open. Looking forward to it once again! I will also be bringing some Hyzer Bomb shirts if anybody wanted to pick one up.

So, I'm gonna try and get up to the Colony to get registered today, and I'm trying to decided what division to sign up for. The online prereg list is up to 34 players and includes two guys signed up for the novice division. My highest rated round in a tournament was 777 or 780, I think, and if the ratings update was released today, my rating would prob be around 740……I know……

Or should I sign up for Rec for a greater challenge, knowing that I may come in last……again?

Rec all the way!

This is the first time I've seen a Novice division in a local tournament. This may be a very rare opportunity for you to enjoy actually competing with people of similar skill level. I'd go for it. :hfive: Just don't be surprised if an unrated player bags it and wins by a mile.

Also, get those guys names and start coordinating with them to get novice divisions going locally. If 3 people request it, the TD has to allow the division unless he limited the divisions offerred ahead of time. I'll play novice with you guys at future tournaments when there are no other advanced ladies playing.:thmbup:

Thx for the input y'all, it is appreciated.

I decided to go ahead and sign up for the novice division, taking some of my own advice I gave another new player: "Play the game with the rules you ate given…Discgolf is hard enough as it is."

This is the first time I've seen a Novice division in a local tournament. This may be a very rare opportunity for you to enjoy actually competing with people of similar skill level. I'd go for it. :hfive: Just don't be surprised if an unrated player bags it and wins by a mile.

And this…cause I told myself I would keep to novice if it was offered until I was more competitive in Rec…I'll hav lots more chances to play Rec…not so much w/ Novice. Here's hoping I blow out the novice rating and I look like the bagger…

Rec all the way!

Thx for the vote of confidence man. I hope to take ur money from you in a tournament a long, long………long time from now :hfive:

For those of you not on Twitter……which is pretty much everyone…here's a link to KC Dermody's write up bout the Polar Open:
PDGA: A Look at Disc Golf's Polar Open in Texas on January 21 http://t.co/XFQGcZgC via @YahooSports

paid my fee out today to lindsey. saw all the beautiful plastic to be given/sold this weekend. i will be in the rec division. hopefully i don't blow my lead this tourney like i did at into the woods. i will be getting one more quick round in today at about 5:15.

there is still some casual and creek water on the course. so rollers and errant shots should help add to a couple scores. also, talking about ace runs, i think there are more than three. 1(skip) and 3-4 are all ace able. (i hit that trash can on 1 enough times) 9, 10 with a nice anny or overhand(or if you are lefty), 14. it should be a fun time and great weather.

and yes dave you should go for rec, but either way have a great time!!!

darren

63 signed up. With last minute sign-ups tonight and walk ups in the morning, its looking like it may come close to filling!

I wonder when Lindsey is going to post the scores up, I want to see the round ratings. Either way, it was a fantastic time. Great event and my only grip are the tee boxes. They need to invest in some concrete pads asap.

Congrats to the CTP winners and thanks to those who checked out our Hyzer Bomb gear.

Latest posts