• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a pic of your favorite "Tunnel Hole"

a hole at pier park:

picture.php

I'm sorry, although very pretty I find those types of holes just plain gimmicky. No good route, just a bunch of f'ing trees to bounce your disc off of.

I'd probably just "putt" 5 times down the path and be happy with it.

park96-02.jpg

It doesn't look like this anymore, but it's still a nice tunnel shot with younger trees.

park96-02new.jpg

The big trees were definitely nicer though and unfortunately these younger trees taking a beating has led to the non-residents park members being kicked out of the park. :(

park96-02.jpg

It doesn't look like this anymore, but it's still a nice tunnel shot with younger trees.

park96-02new.jpg

The big trees were definitely nicer though and unfortunately these younger trees taking a beating has led to the non-residents park members being kicked out of the park. :(

Why would they have cut down the mature trees?

16 is perhaps, IMHO the WORST HOLE (design wise) at West Park... this IS SPRAY AND PRAY GOLF!!.. there is NO fairway the entire time, a huge tree in front of the basket... let er rip and hope A. you find your disc, B. it bounced off something, and you only have to ping pong it of 6 more things for the deuce... Fun hole, kinda, good hole, no, and as for a tunnel, I just overhand it... why would you want to even attempt to throw THROUGH it?

Off the top of my head, I vote for #19 at The Oaks in Mokena... just a damn evil little hole... it's one of those "WTF? I just 6'd a par 3!?!"
forehand flex works very nicely here.

I LOVE tunnel shots. The tight woods at Winter Park yielded a LOT of tunnels. Oh BTW a tunnel is under a canopy of trees that you could not tomahawk over. Time to get ridiculous here as I wait for my plane, take your pick of these tunnels at Winter Park...
(Okay, got an error by posting more than 5 images, so I'll just post 5 and links to the others)

Hole #3, Blue Tee, 350' long, 20-50' wide
Pin back to Tee

Hole #7, Blue Tee, 260' long, 30' wide
Pin back to Tee

Hole #8, Blue Tee and Pin back to Tee, 200' long, 10' wide
eb5f6dad.jpg

2051767f.jpg

Hole 8B, 275' long, 15-25' wide
5eaea0f5.jpg

Pin to Tees

Hole 8D, 325' long, 20-50' wide
92920bd5.jpg

Pin back to Tee

Hole #9, Blue Tee, 250' long, 15' wide
Pin back to Tee

Hole #11, Blue Tee, 230' long, 20' wide
Pin back to Tee

Hole #12, Blue Tee, 220' long, 35' wide
Pin back to Tee

Hole #14, Blue Tee 200' long, 20' wide
Pin back to Tee

Really, check out this one. It is a signature tunnel and downhill floater.
#13G, Elevated tee down to pin, 295'
Pin to Tees

There are LOTS more tunnels at Winter Park. Almost every wooded hole is a tunnel. There are 6 pages of pictures for you to enjoy!!!
Thanks for reminding me that it will be a LONG time before I can play your glorious course again Tim. Achilles tendon injuries and Winter Park don't mix.:( I do concur that their is a ton of great tunnel shots there.

I haven't played an abundance of courses but #1 @ Dretzka park, even from the Am tees, is a tough shot. 337' @ pin placement C, open field for first 2/3 of hole to about an 8' wide tunnel to the basket, blocked and surrounded by trees. If its very windy, good luck. You need to know EXACTLY what your disc is going to do on this hole.

dretzka1.jpg

(Not me in the pic, btw. I used the pic from dgcr's 'photos' from dretzka park, because, unfortunately dretzka doesn't open until may 15... I can't wait! Thanks to timg for the sweet pic! You're the man!)
Great hole but technically not a tunnel as there is an over top route for big arms(LHBH, RHFH, RH thumber). Holes 2,3 and 17 are nice tunnels though.
Hole 2 long - http://www.dgcoursereview.com/gallery.php?id=223&mode=gal#
Hole 17 short - http://www.dgcoursereview.com/gallery.php?id=223&mode=gal&view=&hole=&page=2#

I'm sorry, although very pretty I find those types of holes just plain gimmicky. No good route, just a bunch of f'ing trees to bounce your disc off of.

I'd probably just "putt" 5 times down the path and be happy with it.

more than enough room to bust a roller.;)

186992cc.jpg

One of the best holes at IUP College Lodge in Indiana, PA. Basket is way up at the vertex where the trees "meet."

Last edited:
#6 Grey Fox - 173 ft but the incline is up about 50 ft for the first 100ft and as narrow as 6ft in spots.

I don't have a great pic but can get an idea here... This picture does NOT do it justice...

Attachments

• num6GF.JPG
    num6GF.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts