• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Post your most recent plastic purchase-Reboot

Ordered the new run of iguana. Stoked to have one that's not white for all this snow that's not going away. Picked up one of the armor chameleon too looking to see how it compares to nylon and armor in flight... And I was there so I also got a barstamp armor scale, cause I lost my only barstamp disc, and its one of the best stamps.

Also picked up a used FD to flip from the pias used bin while there to get a glitch. Threw a buddies finally and may test it to replace the polecat and innova will be be out of the bag for good.

Picked up a few more discs still shuffling the bag:

The new Star Charger 170g, and G-Star Charger 167g as an LA Rams fan I really like the design. I've had the Star Charger for a month and fly's between the stability of a Star Destroyer and Shyrke, and a solid headwind disc.

A Star Tern 167g for wooded courses.

A beefy Halo Star Destroyer 173.5g with a cool purplish white color with red writing. I've been wanting to pick one up. I'm transitioning from an x-step to a three-step this year and now in the 5 speeds. I think the extra step will help, and after Saturday's heavy winds will likely be boxed until about May/June when I reach the 12-speeds.

Axiom Neutron Rhythm 167g a fun understable disc, and consistent with a beautiful glide.

Got these three discs recently. The Wave is a 156 g disc....the only way I can throw 10+ speed discs is to have lightweight ones. The Motion and Resistor are overstable....a friend suggested that I add a couple of overstable discs to my bag and they have come in handy.

Attachments

• Discs.jpg
    Discs.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 22
Fission Envy 173
Lizzotl Hex 179
Neutron Tesla 173 and Fireball 174
Neutron Soft Proxy 173

Attachments

• 701A86DA-01A2-4C04-B088-D5D020A5774A.jpeg
    701A86DA-01A2-4C04-B088-D5D020A5774A.jpeg
    126.1 KB · Views: 34
Got these three discs recently. The Wave is a 156 g disc....the only way I can throw 10+ speed discs is to have lightweight ones. The Motion and Resistor are overstable....a friend suggested that I add a couple of overstable discs to my bag and they have come in handy.

Those Wave's will take off, and consistent. Good for no wind, downwind, not so much in a headwind. I had to do a double take the color in your photo is closed to the 160g I lost in a river on the home course, and it was a beautiful flight. I pulled out a 148g that flies even further. Have backup's in the 150-154g, 155-159g, and 160-164g. Don't remember the exact numbers, they've been sitting in a box since September.

Those Wave's will take off, and consistent. Good for no wind, downwind, not so much in a headwind. I had to do a double take the color in your photo is closed to the 160g I lost in a river on the home course, and it was a beautiful flight. I pulled out a 148g that flies even further. Have backup's in the 150-154g, 155-159g, and 160-164g. Don't remember the exact numbers, they've been sitting in a box since September.

I've been trying to find a 140ish weight Wave. My local shop carries them - sometimes. The lightweight Wave replaced my Innova Star Tern which is 139 g. Since I have a wimpy arm speed (42ish MPH), I need to go lightweight for anything over 9 speed. I pull it out when I need that extra bit of distance and there's no head wind (or cross wind).

It is a beautiful Wave.....I got a gift certificate for Christmas and decided to buy 3 discs that I probably wouldn't have bought otherwise.....and I've used all three.

I've been trying to find a 140ish weight Wave. My local shop carries them - sometimes. The lightweight Wave replaced my Innova Star Tern which is 139 g. Since I have a wimpy arm speed (42ish MPH), I need to go lightweight for anything over 9 speed. I pull it out when I need that extra bit of distance and there's no head wind (or cross wind).

It is a beautiful Wave.....I got a gift certificate for Christmas and decided to buy 3 discs that I probably wouldn't have bought otherwise.....and I've used all three.

Amazon has three Fission Wave's 145-149g available. I picked up my backup's from Amazon, and the 148g OTBDiscs, they are out of stock.

its really interesting because i had kinda got away from mambas, which was my first driver i could throw 300+ ft. The halo is basically an overstable mamba in the sense that over stable for a mamba would be a little turn and a slight finish. Ive had champ mambas but i wasnt a big fan seemed completely different to me.

id say the numbers are 11/6/-2.5/1, compared to the listed 11/6/-5/1

i got the f2, which they had all the way down to 150s. sold out now

I picked up that Halo Mamba 156g more than a month ago and it fades and is good for all wind directions including headwinds, just surprising. Totally different than the Star or G-Star turnover flips, and no good in headwinds. It's a fun throw with a lot of skips, I think I would like to pickup a Halo in the 160-169g range, and 170 plus see how they fly.

I picked up that Halo Mamba 156g more than a month ago and it fades and is good for all wind directions including headwinds, just surprising. Totally different than the Star or G-Star turnover flips, and no good in headwinds. It's a fun throw with a lot of skips, I think I would like to pickup a Halo in the 160-169g range, and 170 plus see how they fly.

for me i needed the max weight. I did buy two more and was kinda disappointed in the look(not that i really care) but because the first run f2s had such cool color combos.

these were just the white and black halos that look more like the stock runs that ive seen. the other f2 halos had that kinded large brush painted around the edge look. ill see how they do tomorrow. gonna try the 165g again in the summer when it gets humid with very low winds(dfw tx area).

3 star Chargers to see if they're the revered beefy Shryke/ beat Destroyer.

I've had my Star Charger for more than a month, and flies overstable between by stable Shryke and overstable Destroyer. More skip than the Destroyer. I've found it best use in moderate to heavy wind.

Last thing I bought was Simon hype Anode, Pyro, Spin. Still haven't figured out Gyro discs other than ripping on them hard.

Picked a freebie FX-2 (500 plastic? the pearl one) yesterday based on "this kinda looks fast and stable" that did some work into stiff gusty winds today.

Picked up an Elixir PD2 and Kat Mertsch Xcal in search of wind distance at the local plastic trap.

Kat Xcal going in the bag for now with the destroyers and scorps. Feels great, grippy, cool stamp, slight dome, bombs, probably not going to fight a ton of wind.

Star Elixir is making the bag. Cool stamp, slight dome, great distance on a stable flight. Probably going to fight some wind (not much wind on the course yesterday for testing.)

They didnt have a Panic.

Plus some cool Fission Envys
49d681449510382cb5ab096bb72ea6ff.jpg

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Latest posts