• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

any stability difference in the older flexy p-line vs the stiff ones?

I don't care for the stiff ones at all, but the few that Ive thrown didn't seem as HSS out of the box.

This was my experience as well. The soft P-Line I had started almost as beefy as my S-Lines, but the firmer ones I carry now start out with much lower PLH's and much less HSS. They're essentially year old S-Lines out of the box.

I would be in for softies, especially if they have a higher PLH.

Loving me some Glow C-PD action; super beefy, no turn, has no issue with strong headwinds, and the plastic is pretty nice and grippy for Champ. I'm pairing it C-PD/S-PD/Escape ... that way I avoid the current Innova 'Pro' roulette; if I could track down 3 or 4 nice gummy ones I'd go all PD.

I didn't realize PPD were such a problem. I was in gggt a week ago and they all felt normal to me. No others like my rock hard yellow. Hopefully it won't cause a problem in the future.

How much distance potential would I be giving up if I replaced a Halo and Havoc with PDs? I can't quite seem to get comfortable with my grip on the wider-rimmed drivers, and with everything I'm reading on the PDs it sounds like an ideal disc for me. For reference, I'm in the 380' - 420' range with the Havoc currently, but it's useless in a headwind. At this point, I'm considering just going with a cycle of PDs in all three plastics as my only drivers, and maybe keeping the Havoc as a super long turnover or roller disc. But if I'm going to be 50' shorter off the tee, maybe I just need to figure out how to grip the higher speed stuff. But the disc cycling (currently doing it with Rocs) is certainly appealing. Thoughts?

(Sorry, probably a noob-ish question, but I played in the 90's with just base plastic and just came back to the sport this summer. All this new stuff available is a little overwhelming.)

How much distance potential would I be giving up if I replaced a Halo and Havoc with PDs? I can't quite seem to get comfortable with my grip on the wider-rimmed drivers, and with everything I'm reading on the PDs it sounds like an ideal disc for me. For reference, I'm in the 380' - 420' range with the Havoc currently, but it's useless in a headwind. At this point, I'm considering just going with a cycle of PDs in all three plastics as my only drivers, and maybe keeping the Havoc as a super long turnover or roller disc. But if I'm going to be 50' shorter off the tee, maybe I just need to figure out how to grip the higher speed stuff. But the disc cycling (currently doing it with Rocs) is certainly appealing. Thoughts?

(Sorry, probably a noob-ish question, but I played in the 90's with just base plastic and just came back to the sport this summer. All this new stuff available is a little overwhelming.)

I use to throw a similar disc and still do on occasion. I could get my Terns up to 450ft,but I always seemed to average around 425ft with the Terns.

I use my PD's when it's more or less too windy for my Saint's,but I can get them to 400 to 405ft and average around 390ft with them.

The PD is sneaky long if thrown correctly. It's a great disc and it's wind fighting capabilities should make this a must in anyones bag.

^ i'm right about the same. my DD/elite x nuke will hit 450, but i'm usually more 380-420.

my PPD will go 420 as well if i get a rip on it, but usually 360-400. my SPD is locked in at 360 since is still has most of its stability. my cpd only gets 360 on a flex shot.

^ i'm right about the same. my DD/elite x nuke will hit 450, but i'm usually more 380-420.

my PPD will go 420 as well if i get a rip on it, but usually 360-400. my SPD is locked in at 360 since is still has most of its stability. my cpd only gets 360 on a flex shot.

My CPD is pretty much the same. If I really want to get distance with it I have to flex this thing. I mainly use it when it's hurricane force winds or when I need a good solid forehand for distance.

My SPD finally got to it's sweet spot earlier this year and it flies with no turn and some good fade. I think it may have gained some glide too,but that might just be in my head from where I throw Latitude stuff too.

Appreciate the feedback. I was thinking C-PD as a hurricane wind and utility disc, S-PD as a workhorse, and P-PD for open bombs, basically. I could keep a Havoc maybe for tailwind hyzer-flipping, but then I wonder about maybe going really light on a PD....
Too many options. :) Although it sounds like on about 99% of the holes I'll play, having the PD is going to make sense. Not too many holes where you can go max power with zero concern for placement.

Appreciate the feedback. I was thinking C-PD as a hurricane wind and utility disc, S-PD as a workhorse, and P-PD for open bombs, basically. I could keep a Havoc maybe for tailwind hyzer-flipping, but then I wonder about maybe going really light on a PD....
Too many options. :) Although it sounds like on about 99% of the holes I'll play, having the PD is going to make sense. Not too many holes where you can go max power with zero concern for placement.

I've actually found my C PDs to be more useful than I imagined. They don't need a headwind to work. If your course has some lines where you need good placement and distance, these things are money. I am referring to CFRs and 3rd run C Lines.

My S Lines are just a step less overstable when new, and TD understable when beat.

And lighter PDs (C and S Line) can actually be just as overstable. This is one disc where weight doesn't affect flight much, other than maybe glide...maybe.

Personally, I find FDs to compliment them really well for understable shots.

Grab a few of each and enjoy.

I throw the Jackal about 300 feet, should I get the TD for an understable driver or start beating a P-PD for those shots? How long it takes for you guys to beat it until it has great amount of turn?

I couldn't get along with my 167 c-PD. Not really any longer than a Saint Pro or Shock, and not as overstable as an FL for fighting a headwind. Feels nice, comes out of the hand well, but I just couldn't get the results I wanted. I'm worried that the 167 was too light of a weight to handle a wind and skews my perception of the disc.

Picked up a C and an S yesterday at GGGT. Love the feel of both plastics in my hand and I think the rim width is perfect for me. Very, very excited to throw these.

ok so i currently bag in order of stability;

star fb, spd, ppd, std, saint, and two champ sidewinders. im lookin to minimize molds. firebird stays no matter what. std i just bought to possibly cycle as well but there more stable than my saints so im not sure what to think about them and the tiny tiny bead like thing isnt the best for me to flick it. otherwise...

HELP!!!!

ok so i currently bag in order of stability;

star fb, spd, ppd, std, saint, and two champ sidewinders. im lookin to minimize molds. firebird stays no matter what. std i just bought to possibly cycle as well but there more stable than my saints so im not sure what to think about them and the tiny tiny bead like thing isnt the best for me to flick it. otherwise...

HELP!!!!

If you are sticking with firebird, then I recommend sticking with the TD or Saint as a complement. A CTD/Saint (stable Saint) will cover some responsibilities of the PD's spot.

^ MY MAN

i do suggest getting a P unless you have a cannon. those S start off with a good amount of HSS/LSS stability.

Definitely on the list. I was going to just get the S-line yesterday to test out the mold and then stock up over the winter if I liked it. However, I really liked the feel of the C-line plastic and like the shield stamp, so I just bought both anyway. But, I was picking up some other stuff for gifts (GL Saints were $9.99 online and they honored the price in the store so I bought two) and couldn't justify buying three of a disc I've never thrown. Although it does sound like field-tested PDs are pretty easy to offload if I don't click with them.

Definitely on the list. I was going to just get the S-line yesterday to test out the mold and then stock up over the winter if I liked it. However, I really liked the feel of the C-line plastic and like the shield stamp, so I just bought both anyway. But, I was picking up some other stuff for gifts (GL Saints were $9.99 online and they honored the price in the store so I bought two) and couldn't justify buying three of a disc I've never thrown. Although it does sound like field-tested PDs are pretty easy to offload if I don't click with them.

Just make sure you give them some time to beat it. A S PD only really flies like a S PD once beaten in a little. Brand new, I find them have way too much LSS.

If you are sticking with firebird, then I recommend sticking with the TD or Saint as a complement. A CTD/Saint (stable Saint) will cover some responsibilities of the PD's spot.

oh **** i forgot to say the firebird and pds are staying in no matter what.

so i have opto saints, stds, and champ sidewinders. wondering a good combo to compliment my fb and pds

I might pick up an std just to say I have one.

"Man, everyone around here has an std except me."

"What color is yours? I've got a green one and a yellow one."

"I got a whoooooole pile of STDs" and so on and so forth.

Anyway...I hear you. Buying 3 of the same disc would be a little weird and pricey.

oh **** i forgot to say the firebird and pds are staying in no matter what.

so i have opto saints, stds, and champ sidewinders. wondering a good combo to compliment my fb and pds

out of those three, the saint is the odd man out. the feel is nothing like a firebird wing. the big decision would be between the sidewinder and std, and both do pretty much the same thing. whichever you click with more would be the appropriate choice.

Latest posts