• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Primary Throwing Style - Poll (Attempt #2)

Your Primary Throwing Method

• Backhand

Votes: 106 66.7%
  • Forehand

Votes: 14 8.8%
  • Both - Equal Confidence and Ability

Votes: 38 23.9%
  • Other - Overhand

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Other - Roller

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

djjeremiahj

Double Eagle Member
Are you a BH or a FH or Both?
Curiosity.

Both -
60/40
Interestingly enough, i favor my BH, but when i play rounds entirely with my FH i seem to do equal (or maybe better???) - am confident to take any shot with either method.

the poll is illegitimate. rollers can be thrown overhead, backhand, and forehand.

inb4 the prerubing.

Really both minus the equal confidence and ability part. I'm probably ~60/40 on BH/FH, BH for distance, FH for a lot of approach and fairway stuff.

Both for me, although I still shank about 10% of my forehand drives off the tee into the ground. This is compared to never doing this BH, so my BH confidence is about 400% more than my FH. For "less than full power" shots my skill is very close in both and it helps drastically with "Leftie" holes.

All the above and where's the chicken wing option? I throw whatever gives me the best look.

Iv always threw BH, but this year Iv been really working on my FH. I belive it will help my game as a whole.

Forehand is definitely my distance shot,give me an open hole and a beat pro destroyer and I can near 400,maybe break it with some wind.

But I really prefer backhands for line shaping,but i'd say i'm truly about 50/50,from the tee and the fairway.

I started all backhand. Then went 80% forehand... then went all backhand... now I'm 80% backhand / 20% forehand.

I have confidence in both, but throwing too much forehand makes my shoulder hurt.

Mainly backhand. I only use forehand/overhead/rollers for GOOT shots. I will sometimes forehand a short hole/approach, it's coming along somewhat :gross:

Latest posts