• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Prince- overstable distance driver

Flight numbers are such a curious thing, especially High Speed Turn/Stability, because there's no world in which I'd classify a Sword as a -2 unless it was well-seasoned (Swords are my primary DD and I've seen the difference between me throwing them, ~350-380, and bigger arms, 400-500).

It's been a few years since I've thrown a Giant or World, so I can't speak to them but I've primarily a Westside thrower and I disagree strongly that the Prince is redundant in their lineup
They are curious indeed. I've never had issues with varying numbers, because for the most part they are usefull within one company and within one plastic type. From there on you can extrapolate what to expect from what disc.

The problem, however, is that most people look at them universally and use the OG Innova as the benchmark. Now when you compare the Sword to something like -2 Shryke, based on my experience after two weeks of use the Shryke is more stable than Sword and that is an issue.

I'm also curious how you can say that Prince is not redundant when you don't know the discs that it's being compared to. Even after watching some reviews, I really don't know how if differs from Giant for example.

They are curious indeed. I've never had issues with varying numbers, because for the most part they are usefull within one company and within one plastic type. From there on you can extrapolate what to expect from what disc.

The problem, however, is that most people look at them universally and use the OG Innova as the benchmark. Now when you compare the Sword to something like -2 Shryke, based on my experience after two weeks of use the Shryke is more stable than Sword and that is an issue.

I'm also curious how you can say that Prince is not redundant when you don't know the discs that it's being compared to. Even after watching some reviews, I really don't know how if differs from Giant for example.

I do know the molds, I just don't have *recent* experience and I'd be reluctant to make a detailed comparison (which I could do for every other comparable driver from Westside).
What I am willing to say is that the Prince isn't redundant because it has a lower power/arm speed requirement than a Giant or World.

Even comparing within Westside, or extending out to all the Trilogy companies, there's no way I'd give a Sword a -2 for turn *unless*, as I said, it was well-seasoned. Do they get flippy? Sure, but a new one is pretty neutral, and my guess is that numbers are assigned based on a new disc

I do know the molds, I just don't have *recent* experience and I'd be reluctant to make a detailed comparison (which I could do for every other comparable driver from Westside).
What I am willing to say is that the Prince isn't redundant because it has a lower power/arm speed requirement than a Giant or World.

Even comparing within Westside, or extending out to all the Trilogy companies, there's no way I'd give a Sword a -2 for turn *unless*, as I said, it was well-seasoned. Do they get flippy? Sure, but a new one is pretty neutral, and my guess is that numbers are assigned based on a new disc
I guess the Prince could be more intermediate friendly, but from what I've seen from Ricky and Matty it seems plenty stable. Gotta keep an eye for more reviews.

What you said about the Westside flightnumbers is partially true, but also one of their biggest issues. All of the traditional trilogy plastics have had pretty severe flasing (Royal and Supreme are way better). Now the thing with flashing is that it makes the disc way more overstable but also wears off really fast. So giving flight numbers to Innova discs based on how a brand new disc flies is not really comparable to doing the same with Westside.

Just for reference, I've thrown Swords for years and 10+ different discs and outside the Stinchcomb VIP-X run, none of them have remained stable after couple of weeks. Meanwhile a Shryke will keep that moderate stability for years.

I guess the Prince could be more intermediate friendly, but from what I've seen from Ricky and Matty it seems plenty stable. Gotta keep an eye for more reviews.

What you said about the Westside flightnumbers is partially true, but also one of their biggest issues. All of the traditional trilogy plastics have had pretty severe flasing (Royal and Supreme are way better). Now the thing with flashing is that it makes the disc way more overstable but also wears off really fast. So giving flight numbers to Innova discs based on how a brand new disc flies is not really comparable to doing the same with Westside.

Just for reference, I've thrown Swords for years and 10+ different discs and outside the Stinchcomb VIP-X run, none of them have remained stable after couple of weeks. Meanwhile a Shryke will keep that moderate stability for years.
Oh, it's stable for sure but workhorse not utility, and you don't need a cannon to get it out there.
Yeah, I'm not sure why their flashing is so bad but I always take it off before throwing a disc. Biggest thing I've found with Trilogy discs is that there's an accelerated (compared to Innova) break-in period ~1 month, but then they settle down.

Sounds more like Shrykes just have a different wear pattern and (based on what you're saying) lose fade instead of gaining turn *shrug*

Latest posts