• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro Tour Live Coverage

Also FPO R4, on hole 6, Jessica Weese throws, and the camera guy fails to get out of the way in time, causing the disc to hit him and not skip back in bounds. It almost certainly would have been safe.

DGPT News says
"by the 4,600 concurrent viewers who tuned in to the live coverage making it the most-watched live FPO round in disc golf history."

is this true?

DGPT News says
"by the 4,600 concurrent viewers who tuned in to the live coverage making it the most-watched live FPO round in disc golf history."

is this true?

Probably... but even if it is, its not like there have been a lot of live FPO only broadcasts. I can only think of a couple. They used to show FPO and Masters one day each at Worlds a few years ago. Might have been one or two at Memorial also.

Last edited:
Probably... but even if it is, its not like there have been a lot of live FPO only broadcasts. I can only think of a couple. They used to show FPO and Masters one day each at Worlds a few years ago. Might have been one or two at Memorial also.

That might have even been postpro. I can only vaguely remember it but I do remember people complaining about why we weren't watching the MPO.

I knew there was one at The Memorial...

It says 27k views but I'm sure a lot of those were afterwards.

Would be intresting to know how many of those views ar "non US" . . for me in Sweden ( same for Finland ) the FPO live was just after work but the MPO was 22:45, to late to watch a workday. . and Sunday

So i saw all the FPO live and MPO post

Last year's Worlds had live FPO almost every round, and the final round may still have had more viewers than the Memorial.

...and the DGPT championships had some live FPO. Other than that I really cant think of any since I got in the game.

Also FPO R4, on hole 6, Jessica Weese throws, and the camera guy fails to get out of the way in time, causing the disc to hit him and not skip back in bounds. It almost certainly would have been safe.

And?

That wasn't the first time a camera person has been hit (I recall Cat Allen hitting one at 2017 Worlds). It won't be the last. It's a hazard that players have to deal with if they want to be on video. Same as the spectator that Austin Hannum hit at Wintertime a couple weeks ago, or the one James Conrad hit at Waco last year (or was it two years ago?). If we want spectators (in person or viewing online), they're going to get in the way on occasion, especially if the throw is off-line to begin with.

And?

That wasn't the first time a camera person has been hit (I recall Cat Allen hitting one at 2017 Worlds). It won't be the last. It's a hazard that players have to deal with if they want to be on video. Same as the spectator that Austin Hannum hit at Wintertime a couple weeks ago, or the one James Conrad hit at Waco last year (or was it two years ago?). If we want spectators (in person or viewing online), they're going to get in the way on occasion, especially if the throw is off-line to begin with.

What about the Chipmunk that knocked MJ disc OB... Cameramangate is the new Chipmunkgate...

I think the improvement from day 1 to the last day was great. They should have filmed some B/C-Tiers before they took this on, but that is a lesson learned. I hope to see some improvement, but I will say that this is far from a polished product.

unfortunately, I believe that there will be a new set of camera operators at the next event.

And?

neither of those examples are similar though... that camera guy should not have been hit by Jessica's shot. it was pretty clearly heading his direction and Jessica even yells "watch out" a couple times.

neither of those examples are similar though... that camera guy should not have been hit by Jessica's shot. it was pretty clearly heading his direction and Jessica even yells "watch out" a couple times.

They aren't? Cat's throw at Worlds was pretty clearly headed at the camera and he was filming it (he saw it coming), so you can argue that he could/should have gotten out of the way as well. He didn't or couldn't. Them's the breaks.

That she yelled really makes no difference. Watching the video, I can't hear her until the disc is less than 20 feet from the camera (just as it skips). Little late, but again, whether she shouted earlier or not, the guy has a job to do same as she does. He's trying to film the shot...had he missed it, I imagine there'd be bitching about the camera work instead.

Bottom line is she flirted with the OB line and had to have seen that they were standing there when she threw. She had the option of throwing a different line to take that OB out of play or asking them to move clear before she threw so that there was no chance of striking them (even if it was a 1 in a 1000000 chance).

The camera man did nothing wrong. It's just bad luck.

The camera man did nothing wrong. It's just bad luck.

I agree with this. I've used broadcast quality cameras before (and I am by no means an expert lol) and can say from personal experience your depth perception goes way out the window when your eye is up to the eye-piece or whatever it's called. I can totally understand how a camera operator could make that mistake. Maybe a really experienced one could have avoided that but even then I imagine it would be extremely difficult. And it isn't just depth perception either its the concentration it takes to get the shot and plus these guys doing the live coverage almost certainly have earphones on to hear the producer/director so unless your standing right next to them screaming "LOOK OUT" they probably aren't going to hear you because they are concentrating on so many other things and tuning everything else out. It's a more difficult job than a lot of people realize.

Would be intresting to know how many of those views ar "non US" . . for me in Sweden ( same for Finland ) the FPO live was just after work but the MPO was 22:45, to late to watch a workday. . and Sunday

So i saw all the FPO live and MPO post

Finland is 1 hour after you guys. 23:45 to start a 3-hour watchathon.... Noooo thanks. Only for Worlds caliber events maybe yes. I circumvented the problem by watching it the first thing in the morning (i.e staying off social media) and fast forwarding a lot.

The owner of the video can pull up country-specific data. Would sure be interesting.

Last edited:
DGPT News says

is this true?

Is this referring to the first round?