• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Problem with Zuca Disc Golf Cart

russsipe

The problem isn't so much a problem with the cart as such. The issue is finding a pump to inflate the all-terrain tires. The clearance between the inflation stem and the wheel spoke is very narrow. Gas Stations: (forget it the hardware is at least 4 to 6 inches long before you reach flexible length). Bike shops and sporing good stores: (trips to four different place only had the bulky heads that have twin nozzles. Even a pro bike shop said there were no pumps currently out there that would fit in the narrow opening provided. The perfect pump would be the flexible hose with a simple screw on nozzle (dating back to the Long Ranger days. Those all seem to have gone the way of typewriters (i.e. extinct).

Any of you have a Zuca? Any idea where to buy an simple nozzled pump for the tires? :wall:

Skip the pump and get the foam tires. They came stock on my DD Zuca. About 2 months in and they still look new and have performed great on various terrain. No tears or rips over sticks, gravel fairways, thorns. Very pleased. No worries of flats or pumps.

There is an elbow adapter that's sold on Amazon that'll allow you to inflate your tires easily.

Skip the pump and get the foam tires. They came stock on my DD Zuca. About 2 months in and they still look new and have performed great on various terrain. No tears or rips over sticks, gravel fairways, thorns. Very pleased. No worries of flats or pumps.

The first year I had my pre-production Zuca cart, I borrowed a friends nozzle to pump up the tires at work. Never had an issue with the tires at all.

The 2nd year of owning my Zuca, I got two flats. I spent almost an entire afternoon hunting down the replacement inner tuber the first time, the rest of the afternoon trying to find a gas station pump that would fit onto the stem.

So after the 2nd flat, I decided to go with the foam tires. Best $50 spent this year.

The first year I had my pre-production Zuca cart, I borrowed a friends nozzle to pump up the tires at work. Never had an issue with the tires at all.

The 2nd year of owning my Zuca, I got two flats. I spent almost an entire afternoon hunting down the replacement inner tuber the first time, the rest of the afternoon trying to find a gas station pump that would fit onto the stem.

So after the 2nd flat, I decided to go with the foam tires. Best $50 spent this year.

I am putting that one in my memory bank for the first time I have a flat. Thanks.

If you do not want to spend the money on new cart wheels, they have for mountain bikes a solid foam rubber inner tube sold at Walmart, Target and other places that could be cut to size and glued to the rim of the wheel. If you have enough left use it for the other wheel doing same as above otherwise buy another solid foam rubber inner tube and do the same cutting to size and gluing to the rim of the wheel. Then when glued spots are dry, get the tire on the wheel and foam rubber inner tube. I saw on YouTube a guy do this before they came out with the solid tire on his original Zuca Cart.

I experienced the same problem in attempting to inflate my Zuca cart tires. I disassembled the clamp on top of the nozzle in order to get it to fit onto the valve. I purchased a small bottle of slime and added half the bottle to each of the tires and I've have experienced no flat tires for my first year with the cart.

I experienced the same problem in attempting to inflate my Zuca cart tires. I disassembled the clamp on top of the nozzle in order to get it to fit onto the valve. I purchased a small bottle of slime and added half the bottle to each of the tires and I've have experienced no flat tires for my first year with the cart.

I had a mountain bike that ihad slime in the inner tubes I bought for it, 2 years later the bike can't be inflated anymore the stuff inside is solid and if the bike gets a flat I will have to buy a new inter tube.