• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy Disc Thread v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcr123psu

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Let's try to keep this one on topic, mmm-K?

I didn't feel like wading through 19 pages of kool-ade and butt talk to figure out if anybody had any info on the other disc offerings, such as putters and mids. Anybody have any details on these plates?

is anyone actually paying to see page pierce videos? doesn' seem worth it when you can see other players for free on you.

is anyone actually paying to see page pierce videos? doesn' seem worth it when you can see other players for free on you.

I see the reasoning behind her making people pay to follow her, due to how little pro discgolfers make and she wants to stay on tour.... but let's be real.... We are in the age of technology... Anything she can share or say will be brought up way earlier than her contracts allow her to bring it up.

Pay to hear what a disc golfer has to say? I'll never do it. But I do wish her good luck.

The key to getting ESPN insider is to get a 5 month ESPN the magazine subscription for $5 on Amazon every now and then.

But back on topic, anyone else listening to the Furthering the Disc podcast with Phil Arthur right now? (His part starts at like 27 or 28 minutes in)

Phil Arthur is skirting around some questions real hard right now.

But he's said, 3 (or 4 putters), 4 mids, and some fairways by April (if everything goes as planned)

Just finished listening to the podcast. Potentially, they could have 16 discs released in the next 16 weeks. Phil is going to be a busy guy.

so i found the podcast on itunes but it only shows a 12/15/12 episode... you gotta link?

Just finished listening to the podcast. Potentially, they could have 16 discs released in the next 16 weeks. Phil is going to be a busy guy.

It sounds like they're all (potentially) ready for release, but they're staggering it. Staggering the release is the way to go, though. I know I'm more likely to buy 4 or 5 of their discs at release over a 4 month period as compared to if they dropped 8-10 discs at once.

I believe I saw they were doing their own molding. Did they buy a molding machine, or do you think they are paying a non-disc golf manufacturer to mold their discs?

Last edited:
I believe I saw they were doing their own molding. Did they truly buy a molding machine, or do you think they are paying a non-disc golf manufacturer to mold their discs?

Well, Phil said in the podcast that this has been a 20 year dream for him to finally start making his own discs. I feel like if he's that passionate about it he would have found a way to get his own machine.

Well, Phil said in the podcast that this has been a 20 year dream for him to finally start making his own discs. I feel like if he's that passionate about it he would have found a way to get his own machine.

Very true. One could purchase a decent used molding machine for $50k. Shoot, maybe they did absorb Skyiron? I'm not as interested in the final product as most people are. I'm interested in the molding process, as that is what I went to school for.

Very true. One could purchase a decent used molding machine for $50k. Shoot, maybe they did absorb Skyiron? I'm not as interested in the final product as most people are. I'm interested in the molding process, as that is what I went to school for.

I've heard they're doing it all in house and they have folks that know just what the hell they're doing. People that are more than just "know enough to be dangerous".

20 years wow, it is defintely great time to start making his own discs.

I see different companies sells plastic injection molding machines, I was wondering which ones are popular for disc golf mfgs? http://www.kdcapital.com/Machines.cfm/ID/4009

I believe MVP has gotten the lastest molding machine shipped out of Japan which they used for drivers.

I've heard they're doing it all in house and they have folks that know just what the hell they're doing. People that are more than just "know enough to be dangerous".

That's good to hear. I'm waiting for the day a manufacturer upgrades to using cavity pressure transducers and scientific molding. Maybe they've reached that point, but I'd have to see the final product to know for sure. The only one that I could see using this technology right now might be MVP.

20 years wow, it is defintely great time to start making his own discs.

I see different companies sells plastic injection molding machines, I was wondering which ones are popular for disc golf mfgs? http://www.kdcapital.com/Machines.cfm/ID/4009

I believe MVP has gotten the lastest molding machine shipped out of Japan which they used for drivers.

There are literally dozens of machine manufacturers. It's not so much about the brand of the molding machine, but the tonnage and barrel capacity. As long as a properly sized machine is used, molding should be a breeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts