• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy Disc Thread v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bottom line is that the forum members can make it easier or harder for me to participate in the way I can without causing conflict in my position. Otherwise, I hope to meet you if I haven't already and maybe we can play a round together!

Lavone

What about an "Ask Lavone" thread? You might not be able to answer all the questions, but they would all be in one place.

looking forward to throwing these Prodigy discs tomorrow.

Afterward, I will try to get on here and post how they fly for a noodle arm "old man".

I think new discs are great, but they do not always throw as well for me as they do for some of these "pro" power throwers.

I have always been one of those guys that has to try all the new plastic to see if it will improve my game and sometimes it works out, other times it is a bust.

I can throw about 375 - 380 with a tailwind, downhill so I hope these disc can add a little bit of "D" to my game.
From one old noddle arm to another, I look forward to your feedback. I should get the opportunity to do the same next week. :thmbup:

Lavone you should become legit. Get a tag that identifies you as prodigy. It will help keep the flames off hopefully.

Good luck with the new venture. Exciting times in our sport and it seems like prodigy's head is in the right place.

While I haven't always been a fan of forums because of the negativity and ignorant things people post, there is a lot on this forum site that I have been very impressed with. I have read thought provoking commentary and logical insight on topics that has made me think and look at some things differently.
Welcome! I am impressed you've made yourself available to the DGCR community, which makes me glad we're at the very least approachable and welcoming (overlooking our bloodthirsty nature and overwhelming disc golf business expertise).

Would you care to comment on what insight you've gained from the forums so far or acknowledge some ideas/topics that you've reconsidered?

that anyone would pay for videos from a 960 rated player seems crazy to me, especially when stuff like climo/felberg video is so cheap, jenkins has free vids with jussi, etc

w/r/t Page Pierce...while I agree that the kind of players that usually frequent these threads, with geolithic time on the pads, will not likely pay to watch PP instructional videos, their young daughters might very well...which is probably the idea.

While I haven't always been a fan of forums because of the negativity and ignorant things people post, there is a lot on this forum site that I have been very impressed with. I have read thought provoking commentary and logical insight on topics that has made me think and look at some things differently.

In the past I have always been a player and a promoter in the sport. Now as a manufacturer I am learning that I have a greater accountability along with a wider scope of influence and potential to impact the sport. So far the hardest thing has been reading the errors of those speculating on what we have done or are doing and not being able to write what I feel or would like to say. I do want the readers to know I will try to be accessible and will comment where I can. Obviously there will be a learning curve for how and when I can freely speak. I may not always read the forums and if I don't comment where asked, send me a message.

The last few days has been insane but encouraging. Sometime in the future I hope to tell the complete story of why and how I started the wheels turning for this company. Hopefully I will provide better insight of our beginning and what has transpired along the way. I am on facebook and invite all of you to friend me if we aren't already. Right now I'm pretty well swamped with messages, texts, calls and emails but I do my best to answer all of them. While I can't answer all the rhetorical requests and I will leave you to get those answers from the company facebook page and web site which will be up shortly. What I say on this site won't be as an official spokesman but I will try to add clarity where I can and just simply discuss things or answer questions. The bottom line is that the forum members can make it easier or harder for me to participate in the way I can without causing conflict in my position. Otherwise, I hope to meet you if I haven't already and maybe we can play a round together!

Lavone

LOL, you're a brave man...I'm wondering if you've actually read the reams of posts worth of speculation on your venture, that if you had you'd not be on here. Thanks!

As one of the wildly uninformed but enthusiastic speculators, I have to say that as interested as I am in the new plastic, I'm even more interested in the conceptual side of what you folks are doing, w/r/t growing/legitimizing the game/pro tour, etc, and what (if anything) that entails beyond new discs. I'll be looking for such on the website once it's running on all 8.

Thanks for the new company and all the new excitement. But most of all thank you for showing up on these boards and representing yourself. I look forward to throwing your discs...into trees (it's nothing personal)

"Lavone" (sung to the music of Elton John's 'Levon')

Lavone wears a frisbee like a crown
He calls his company Prodigy
'Cause he likes the name
And makes discs with the finest plastic around

Lavone, Lavone likes his disc golf
He drives real far they say
Spends his days throwing
On a new course by the motorway

He announced his new company on New Years Day
When the New York Times said Golf is Dead
And the game is on
Steady Ed has a son today

And he shall be Lavone
And he shall be a good man
And he shall be Lavone
In tradition with the disc golf plan
And he shall be Lavone
He shall be Lavone!

Thanks for the new company and all the new excitement. But most of all thank you for showing up on these boards and representing yourself. I look forward to throwing your discs...into trees (it's nothing personal)

'Cause he likes the name

Spends his days throwing

And the game is on

And he shall be Lavone
And he shall be Lavone
And he shall be Lavone
He shall be Lavone!

Nice shot!

Lavone,

Would you consider allowing individuals to buy directly from Prodigy, as MVP, and Gateway do? I think, at least initially, this would allow you to move a lot more plastic.

Forgive me if this has been pointed out before in the many Prodigy threads. But isn't Greenwell the Condor master? How long before Prodigy comes out with a massive diameter roller disc?

'Cause he likes the name

Spends his days throwing

And the game is on

And he shall be Lavone
And he shall be Lavone
And he shall be Lavone
He shall be Lavone!

wow. ... you got a little something still on your face, you might want to wipe it off.

Forgive me if this has been pointed out before in the many Prodigy threads. But isn't Greenwell the Condor master? How long before Prodigy comes out with a massive diameter roller disc?

A heavy Condor clone in CE type plastic? Now THAT, I would buy from Prodigy!

the Condor is a roller disc? I just thought it was a giant roc.

A heavy Condor clone in CE type plastic? Now THAT, I would buy from Prodigy!

Heck yes! I have a Blizzard Condor, but it's not as durable as regular Champion. I'd love me a Condor-esque disc in some premium plastic. If the COndor is PDGA legal (and it is...but not sure if only for SuperClass...) I'd like to see some of the talented throwers on the Prodigy team rip a COndor-esque disc 250 feet in the air and watch it roll another 400-500 feet. So cool...

Heck yes! I have a Blizzard Condor, but it's not as durable as regular Champion. I'd love me a Condor-esque disc in some premium plastic. If the COndor is PDGA legal (and it is...but not sure if only for SuperClass...) I'd like to see some of the talented throwers on the Prodigy team rip a COndor-esque disc 250 feet in the air and watch it roll another 400-500 feet. So cool...

The Condor actually isn't Super Class because the edge is too beveled. But all Super Class discs are legal for regular PDGA sactioned play. And Condors are good for thumber rollers that get to the ground quick. Not so good for sky rollers.

Anyways, It just seemed to me that Greenwell would have to have a Condor type disc in his bag at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.