• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy Disc Thread v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^Likewise, he had stated anything he posts here would not be seen as official company business. But more personal clarification. So, if he wants to take a less than fully professional tone, I don't have a problem with it. Hell, professional or not, if he wants to call a guy out for being a tool I might be MORE inclined to buy from them.

i don't think I've done anything a million times.
Blink? ;) I know, I was exaggerating (represent something as being greater than it actually is to inflate or magnify its importance).

"Apps on Facebook may be grabbing and sharing more personal information than many users realize. And even if people understand that they're sharing personal data, they often can't envision the ways it may be used in the future. WSJ's Julia Angwin explains."

http://live.wsj.com/video/apps-may-...FC.html#!6BE10CDD-329D-4B65-9F31-66AED096C6FC
While I understand your and many peoples reluctance, it's really past the point of return the moment you log on to anything. My old adage is: If they want it/you, they're going to get it/you and there is nothing you can do to stop them.

/drift with apologies.

While I understand your and many peoples reluctance, it's really past the point of return the moment you log on to anything. My old adage is: If they want it/you, they're going to get it/you and there is nothing you can do to stop them.

/drift with apologies.

Agreed. Just create a "junk mail" account on gmail or yahoo or hotmail and send all of your spam/junk over there.

No, you guys are completely right. These apps are just going to steal your identity, knock up your daughters, and it's actually a petition to fast-track Obamacare. You're better off not going anywhere near this contest...seriously. Don't even bother entering...

...wringing hands menacingly...

It's funny in a not really that funny kind of way how 20 years ago people were very guarded about protecting their privacy and now people broadcast the most personal of information without a second thought.

Dynamic Discs has been around forever and Prodigy already has almost half as many likes on Facebook.

In a weeks time. I would say they are doing something right.

While I haven't always been a fan of forums because of the negativity and ignorant things people post, there is a lot on this forum site that I have been very impressed with.
Lavone

Get used to it then get over it!! I started a podcast about disc golf 2 years ago. I was basically ripped from one end of the forums/itunes to another. It was hard to take really and i even posted something here about the rip I took on itunes. It sucked and at first I took it personal but then I realized that even though they were being tools, jerks and down right out douche's that I could learn from it. I have used that to motivate myself to try to be better and I think I have improved and hope to keep improving. I know have a podcast that people show up regularly for and also I have Terry Miller as a cohost. If I would of quit back then from the heat there would be no DGTR or maybe even "the Furthering the disc" podcast that just recently started up. Not saying nobody else would have come up with the idea but up until I started DGTR 2 years ago nobody had or at least made it halfway successful.

I truly hope that Prodigy discs does change the face of disc golf. I hope that the plan is solid and we see disc golf become the next best thing since sliced bread but don't complain when you hype this up and make an announcement date then have really nothing to show anyone. Human nature is to bitch so people are going too.

I am nobody really and don't claim to be but I see this as mistakes and not a bitch. I will try some of your products no doubt but these are the things that bothered me and many others.
-no product for people to see, touch or throw
-no website for people to check out(facebook is fine but many people do not use it)
-to much secrecy, this is disc golf not national defense

What I liked.
-Your line up of pros, this will definitely be a dominate force on the NT
-Seemingly putting the big manufacturers on notice by signing these pros
-quality and this is speculation but from what has been going around the plastic does seems to be getting great reviews.

The best to you and your group I hope that this is the kick in the ass that disc golf needs to go to the next level. If you want to be on the show just contact me on our website using the contact page.

Dynamic Discs has been around forever and Prodigy already has almost half as many likes on Facebook.

I bet their first release sells like BB RC3's.

Apples and oranges really. DD was basically a dealer and nothing more and also had a website. Prodigy has no website so more people have to go facebook to check them out.

Apples and oranges really. DD was basically a dealer and nothing more and also had a website. Prodigy has no website so more people have to go facebook to check them out.

I think its apples and apples. DD is a well known and respected BRAND. they had sponsored pros, clothing, exclusive runs etc. there was nobody bigger than them doing what they were doing. and Prodigy has been alive for a week and has half as many likes. that says a lot to me.

I think its apples and apples. DD is a well known and respected BRAND. they had sponsored pros, clothing, exclusive runs etc. there was nobody bigger than them doing what they were doing. and Prodigy has been alive for a week and has half as many likes. that says a lot to me.
Not to get into an argument but prodigy has no website so that is part of it and the fact they have 11 well known pros who have 1000's of likes on their pages it does not surprise me that they have that many likes. That does not mean anything for the future for prodigy. That will come from the quality of product and if they hold true to what they are saying such as changing the face of disc golf,etc., etc..

Not to get into an argument but prodigy has no website so that is part of it and the fact they have 11 well known pros who have 1000's of likes on their pages it does not surprise me that they have that many likes. That does not mean anything for the future for prodigy. That will come from the quality of product and if they hold true to what they are saying such as changing the face of disc golf,etc., etc..

Imo, the only mistake Prodigy has made was announcing they were goi g to change things at all. For some reason some of you people are latching onto that statement, picking it apart, over analyzing it, under analyzing it, dwelling on it, coming up with your own wild ideas of what it is and how it should be, and creating a reason for your ideas to fall short of your expectations when you know absolutely zero about any of it....

Let it play out, Jesus, theyve been an official company for like a week and youre pissed because they dont have a full lineup out yet, or that theyre releasing 4 wide rimmed discs first, you know full well that is what sells best, yet you act perplexed that a company trying to make money would have their initial releases be the likely best sellers, gimme a break

*not fully directed at ChainChaser btw

/rant

Regardless of whether or not they have a website. they have over 4K likes in a week. DD has 9K in years of being in biz. thats what im saying. People still clicked the like button. its not just views. im guessing that would be a lot higher. and now, they are gathering emails. another smart business strategy. the cost of 25 discs, vs all the marketing leads they are getting. very very smart. I am speaking from almost at least a decade of sales experience.

How sad is it that "likes" matter to anybody. No offense...I'm just pining for a world without Facebook.

Likes? :doh: Really? Now that is some funny spit right there. Putting any sort of stock in Facebook likes really says a lot to me as well. Pure gold. :D:D

I am with Chainchaser here, apples and oranges. The only place to go for info on Prodigy is Facebook. Why would I ever go to DD's Facebook page when I can go right to there website?

What exactly are they "liking" about Prodigy right now? The majority of people have never thrown, seen or touched a single disc. Yet they "like" the FB page. So the "likes" you so highly respect are based on announcements, not actual products or services.

I am neither for or against Prodigy, I have opted for the wait and see approach. I have read and followed the threads, but have no information of my own to form any sort of opinion. I am not gonna hate on them as I have nothing to hate, just like I have nothing to really "like" about them either. Just a curious spectator at this point with an open mind.

Imo, the only mistake Prodigy has made was announcing they were goi g to change things at all. For some reason some of you people are latching onto that statement, picking it apart, over analyzing it, under analyzing it, dwelling on it, coming up with your own wild ideas of what it is and how it should be, and creating a reason for your ideas to fall short of your expectations when you know absolutely zero about any of it....

Let it play out, Jesus, theyve been an official company for like a week and youre pissed because they dont have a full lineup out yet, or that theyre releasing 4 wide rimmed discs first, you know full well that is what sells best, yet you act perplexed that a company trying to make money would have their initial releases be the likely best sellers, gimme a break

*not fully directed at ChainChaser btw

/rant

I was trying to make a point that don't take facebook likes as a success gauge. I really hope they change it and really have no problem with them saying it. I was just saying that they will be judged on how will they keep to the statements they have made. I also have no problem with people calling them out on it either because if your going to say that but then not give an immediate plan well expect some people to complain. I am in a wait and see mode and hopefully we will see an explosion of disc golf over the next few years.

chainchaser said:
I will try some of your products no doubt but these are the things that bothered me and many others.
-no product for people to see, touch or throw
-no website for people to check out(facebook is fine but many people do not use it)
-to much secrecy, this is disc golf not national defense

What I liked.
-Your line up of pros, this will definitely be a dominate force on the NT
-Seemingly putting the big manufacturers on notice by signing these pros
-quality and this is speculation but from what has been going around the plastic does seems to be getting great reviews.

Here are my complaints and positives. The first is not whining about what they are putting out but more that there is nothing out!! I would have been fine with drivers or whatever but in reality there is nothing at all for anyone but a special few to try so to me that was a negative. Just really my opinion that's all.

Last edited:
Why do people feel entitled to know their plans?
Do you get mad when a new movie comes out and nobody will tell you what happens at the end?

Again, not directed totally at you, but to anyone who is using that as a reason to hate on them before they have done anything..

If you don't think the amount of facebook likes says at least something about a business...you're living in the stoneage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts