• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy Disc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess my thing is how many disc can you have in a bag. Don't most of you experienced players find the disc that work for you and stick with them? Wouldn't someone have to produce a disc that is amazingly similar to what you already have plus be much better feel in your hands to switch?

After 2012, I've found that the discs that I thought worked for me don't work for me. I'm willing to try anything at this point!

Those are the names they are approved under. I think if they change the names they will need to get the discs approved again, no big deal.
It is strange that Skyiron waited until the 1st to post they are no longer making discs. The Flagship wasn't the best molded disc I've ever seen.

Last edited:
LOL...really? It could be photoshopped color swirls for all we know.

All of them are drivers with 2.3 cm wings. Somebody nudge me when they make something I can actually throw.

The plastic is that pretty.

DONT BE SO NEGATIVE 3P! For me<3.

DD and Grip EQ are both Kansas based, but I think we know their wares aren't produced there.

Proctor & Gamble HQ is in Cincinnati, according to some on the forum it's common sense they make all their products here. :rolleyes:

I don't see how paying touring pros a salary will grow the sport but I wish them good luck.

It blows me away that they hyped up this annoucement and don't have product available to buy. They dropped the ball on that one, hype will be way down before they are available.

Those are the names they are approved under. I think if they change the names they will need to get the discs approved again, no big deal.
It is strange that Skyiron waited until the 1st to post they are no longer making discs. The Flagship wasn't the best molded disc I've ever seen.

exactly

It really seems that they want to keep the discs limited to increase demand. So much so that it's going to be a privilege to even have the chance to buy them. And even then, they're leaving it up to us to contact stores that sell golf discs in order to get that chance.

i may be wrong but if these discs dont sell like hotcakes this company is doomed...kind of putting the cart in front of the horse by paying a salary to all these pros before they have any kind of sales success..these are only going to sell to the competitive disc golfer..most rec golfers buy there discs at sporting goods stores that wont be selling these products..just my $.02

i may be wrong but if these discs dont sell like hotcakes this company is doomed...kind of putting the cart in front of the horse by paying a salary to all these pros before they have any kind of sales success..these are only going to sell to the competitive disc golfer..most rec golfers buy there discs at sporting goods stores that wont be selling these products..just my $.02

I agree, unless they have other things in the works they haven't announced yet it's hard to see where the money will come from. But they're taking the chances so I would trust they have thought a lot of this out already.

exactly my point in the other thread.
where is the money coming from?
the owners?
a big sponsor?

It really seems that they want to keep the discs limited to increase demand. So much so that it's going to be a privilege to even have the chance to buy them. And even then, they're leaving it up to us to contact stores that sell golf discs in order to get that chance.

I would think it would be more along the lines of cost of start up rather than any demand thing. Tooling is super expensive as is bulk plastic compounds, labor, insurance, machinery, buildings to manufacture and ship, offices..etc. As a result, they have to start up slowly and ramp up as they can, despite what demand may dictate. New companies, no matter who is backing them on the end use side, must pay suppliers up front in many cases until a line of credit is established. After they are established a while, they can stretch their legs easier than at the onset.

I heard Greenwell has been selling some of his disc collection off, so maybe that's where they got the money.

It blows me away that they hyped up this annoucement and don't have product available to buy. They dropped the ball on that one, hype will be way down before they are available.
"It's all... part of the plan." Can't you tell by the people involved that this is orchestrated? There's no way Prodigy is winging it.

We've seen two ways to step onto the seen: Dynamic Discs and now Prodigy. Who are you more impressed with?

I agree. Start-up is a very costly deal these days, esp in the manufacturing biz. They have already publicly shown they have a HUGE overhead in the pro factor if they are indeed salaried. The economy is not strong by any means these days. It will be extremely tough for them to get it rolling with a full head of steam. BUT....if they can do it and pull it off, there will be no one to stop them, but themselves.

You sure about that?

yeah i live in an area that represents much of america..we have a few courses but nothing fancy..only place to buy plastic is dunhams sporting goods and a meijers..and that 1/4 of my entire state..the people that play dont buy online only at those to stores because they dont care...ffs most throw a nuke off the tee,throw a nuke on approach and putt with a nuke..northwest ohio is dg lame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts