• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Production Champ Destroyers

Agreed.

I've got one amazing CFR one (small, smooth, consistent dome) and one decent CFR one (a little flatter), and I'm interested in getting a backup for it.

I just bought a Star Destroyer, but its got that weird dome where it is very domey in the middle and flatter toward the rim. I'll see how it flies.

ive got a 175 blue champ destoryer that has a nice flat dome

This plastic feels awesome to me
i only tossed it 1 or 2 times but i was able to get it out to about 425 both times
first throw i threw it flat and hard and it stayed flat until about the 350ft mark and then it started to fall back to the left and hit at like 420
to me it is overstable but nowhere near the Feldberg 1x boss. on the +3 to -3 scale i would give it about a +1 to +1.5

rusch_bag said:
I just ordered a 170 blue production run champ destroyer. What can I expect out of it?

I went through a pile and they all looked sweet. I ended up picking a new production Xcal though.

I just picked up a new neon green champ destroyer...hope these are actually more overstable than the star ones. If so, then I can use them in the wind for dependable distance.

rusch_bag said:
I can throw mine into a headwind no problem but I don't throw as far as some as you wankers.

CFR destroyers are pretty good into a headwind also... I assume the regular production would be the same way (probably a silly assumption though).

I have actually become a big fan of my flat CFR Destroyer. I like Destroyers in all plastics and dome shapes. Have not tried the production champs yet.