• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

proline leopard question

krjones4

I found a proline leopard a while back and have recently started using it for my my right turning shots. I remember reading somewhere that proline is a discontinued plastic and is not the same as regular pro. Also if it is true how difficult are these discs to come accross/how much do they usually run, and what current production leopard is the most similar to this mold if i wanted to get a backup for it.

pro line plastic has a little bit of the CE plastic blended into it. It was called this before it changed to regular pro plastic. Durable as hell, not sure what they'd go for, thinking 20-30 bucks??

check ebay of proline leopards as far as availability/price.

Regular pro for a substitute I guess?

Pro Line was more like current Champion plastic. I would replace it with a Champ Leopard. You can find Pro Line Leopards on eBay and wherever, but they are usually beat or they are asking too much.

I am assuming you know the difference between Proline and Pro, right?
The above comments are assuming your disc actually says "Proline" on the front, instead of just "Pro". And I agree with cmlasley's comments- Champ would be a more direct replacement in terms of flight-path and feel, Star would be a good replacement flight-path wise. Incidentally, Clearwater Disc Golf has 2 ProLine Leopards in stock, $25 each.

Proline
http://www.clearwaterdiscgolfstore.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/34_50/products_id/2249

Pro
http://www.frisbeewinkel.nl/product_info.php?products_id=122

All the proline leopards I've found have been clear champion type plastic. They also tend to be somewhat gummy.

ZAMson said:
my two proline Leos are straight CE... opaque white (172g i think). $$$ and spoken for by steezo
I just got some of these and I didn't think I would say this anytime soon but my z-xl's are coming out. They are opaque white and indeed ce plastic. Fly nice and straight new. Now my ? is are dx leopards low profile like these (flatter top)? I traded away a dx leopard that was pretty domey and I want something that will turn left more than these and figured the dx was the way to go (I throw lhbh).

The Natural said:
ZAMson said:
my two proline Leos are straight CE... opaque white (172g i think). $$$ and spoken for by steezo
I just got some of these and I didn't think I would say this anytime soon but my z-xl's are coming out. They are opaque white and indeed ce plastic. Fly nice and straight new. Now my ? is are dx leopards low profile like these (flatter top)? I traded away a dx leopard that was pretty domey and I want something that will turn left more than these and figured the dx was the way to go (I throw lhbh).

or if you can sniff out some SE leo's. Love the feel of the plastic, beats into a steady turner way faster than the proline. Or maybe swoop yourself some pro leopards for the harder turning shots.

Latest posts