• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pros vs Ams: Shoulder Rotation and Arm Depth

https://youtu.be/EUS-u7p-Zow

Fixed the link. Anyone mind sharing how to embed videos in the post?

If you press the "Go Advanced" button instead of posting you'll get a Youtube-icon in the toolbar above the message window. Just click that and add the last part of the link.
"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUS-u7p-Zow" --> Only "EUS-u7p-Zow"

Or you could just write "[@YOUTUBE]EUS-u7p-Zow[/@YOUTUBE]" without the @'s.

I'm more and more convinced that the TGU is the ideal training exercise for the backhand drive. Here's good tutorial on the offhand action, which mimics the shoulder drive shown in OP's vid:

If you position it correctly in the backswing you don't have to think about what happens after.
It releases like an anchored spring.

door-stopper.gif

Door frame drill will make you feel exactly what happens. Resistance / stretch reflex in the shoulder -> Resistance is automatically and unhindered released towards target -> Body needs to resist the force of the shoulder that has just been released.

Yeah, this is a good way of putting it. Load the springs (in the correct way), and let it go.

Once you 'get it', then you're no longer doing door frame drills. You're throwing the entire door frame. Because you are the door frame.

This is some deep Sh--t! Seedlings and Navel, thanks for elaborating on the door frame drill, how to get use of it and what to feel!

I'm more and more convinced that the TGU is the ideal training exercise for the backhand drive. Here's good tutorial on the offhand action, which mimics the shoulder drive shown in OP's vid:

Interesting. Have to look more into this.

I have not tested "the shoulder move" out in the field yet, but I will come back with a conclusion sooner or later. Have been playing in a low-key tournament, but I have learned that tournaments are not the occasion to try out new stuff.

Yeah, Seedlings and Navel, thanks for elaborating on the door frame drill, how to get use of it and what to feel!

Don't forget that the pros who have been playing for 20 or 30 years didn't think about any of these things. They went out and threw their arms off every day since they were 11yo. All these drills and stuff are describing what the natural, prodigy, original talents baseball/golf/disc golf figured out on their own. These are descriptions of natural bio mechanics. I'm not a natural disc golf talent so I need some help!