• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

pure(ly) awesome

So who is throwing the pure? I threw it for a while but it didn't quite kick the wizard or magnet out of the bag. I like the feel of the disc and it really looks like and flies like a flattened P&A aviar. I preferred the domey grip lines for driving and the flat zero lines for upshots and approach. Definitely the best putter Lat 64 makes.

I am ,I've been using the zero line pures for about a month and a half or so.I decided to try them and fell in love with the shallow feel and beadless grip.reminds me of my old san marino beadless aviars I used for several years.anywho,I putted with them for the first few weeks and was really hoping it just wasn't a new putter deal and wasn't just working because it was new.they completely kicked out the magic and wizards I was rockin.I had to adjust my putting routine for them but it was wel worth it.I've been able to nail more jump putts with this putter over any other one I've tried. They're PURE $$ and the grip is awesome. I was a little worried about how fast they dinged up like gateways stuff but after seeing pics pics of jeronimo's year old pure,I'm pleased to see it wasn't all clovered and beat to rap. I'm beyond sold.

ps.I am undecided that I will drop the wiz for overstable duties or driving but atm I'm throwing a se rhyno for that spot. However the magics are replaced completely by the pure

how do they do off the tee and into headwinds? im guessing without the bead they tend to be a touch flippier?

compared to say the wizard/kc aviar

Good thread! I've only tried the Zero Pure, and thought its flight was too similar to my Grip Spikes. I wonder if the Pure in Grip-line has the extra stability to make it different from the Grip Spikes off tee.

I'm a fickle pickle when it comes to plastic. I'll go through 4-5 different "main" putters over a season in casual rounds. When I need a putter I trust for something, where there's money on the line typically, I use my Pure's. When I first picked one up and started farting around with it, I really wasn't all that enamored. For some reason or another, I kept throwing it, I gave it a fair chance. Since then I have been really happy I did. It's just about the perfect putter imo (though the Ridge really has me interested too).

The Grip line Pure is pretty much the perfect up shot disc as far as I'm concerned. It flies remarkably straight and is a joy to hold and throw. Glides wonderfully, flies true, wind penetration is decent but not noteworthy like a VP. Pick one up, try it out. They're what? $10?

I've been thinking about Pures to replace my P&A Aviars, as the Aviar just doesn't feel as comfortable in my hand. On another hand I like the Aviar's flight path for straight and turnover drives and upshots, and flat putts, so that's the spot I'm looking at the Pure for: straight and turnover drives/approaches, and flat putts. (I use a VP for hyzer shots and high winds, so it doesn't have to do that). I did notice that the updated Joe's Flight Chart puts the Pure at exactly same numbers as the P&A Aviar, so looks good on that front. Having one in Zero for putts and one in Grip for drives seems popular choice, and I'd go that route as well. How's the Pure's glide compared to Aviar?

The Pure I have feels like it should be a great driving putter but I found it way too flippy. I had to release it with a tremendous amount of hyzer as it will flip up flat and sometimes continue flipping to the right. If done right, I have no problem getting it out 300 feet.

However, it seems to excel best in touch approaches and long runs at the basket in ideal conditions (no headwinds).

As for its putting, it is very accurate but I am not always pleased with its drop rate. I was so frustrated with hitting the side of the basket during the 2009 Minnesota Majestic that I retired it during the second round and putted exclusively with my Drone so I can let out all my frustrations with more power in my putts. I have since gone back to the Pure during practice putting. I find the Voodoo and Ion have more friendly drop rates for my style of putting but overall I still like the Pure for its accuracy and touch approaches.

I didn't really like it's drop rate when I first got it after switching from magics.I was putting flat and it kept smackin the lower basket I tried making adjustments and realized if I putted with a touch of nose up it was working much better. I had to hance my overall style of putting but it was definitely for the better as I'm mich more accurate with these .they're not so bad in moderate headwinds,if it's heavy gusting I'll use my rhyno.other than that in a slight headwind I can putt flat and it'll sail to the basket.I've definitely given it a chance to hopefully become my putter and it continues to amaze me with it's accuracy and feel.

MMMMMM Pures.

I use as love my pures

170 Grip Line for drives and approaches

170 Zero Line for all putting duties

Buy the Pure, Love the Pure!!

I like my Zero Pure, but the Wizard is out for now just to force the learning curve.

Perfect fit in my hand (what the VP was not) and very reliable grip feel in many combinations of wet/dry in winter temps (rivals chalky proto). Much flatter flying than my Wiz for close putts, and I like pointing vs lobbing. Yet it does drop enough when out of gas so come backs are not for-ever long.

I use the Wasp even more now for gusty p&a than when I carried the Wiz, but the Pure is not frail.

I suspect the Pure will take over my up close putts, and return the Wiz for medium upshots and putter drives.

Zero beats in like a Wiz too...and it's too bad they can't seem to get Opto to flow right in that mold.

I had been throwing Spikes but putter vs putter competitive rounds last fall, Spike vs. Pure vs. Sinus, convinced me to change. My putting style, or lack thereof, has me using a Grip Pure when playing competitive as the glide can help pansy putts get to the mark. When playing solo I use a Zero/Grip combo. A Sinus rounds out the P&A stable for everything else; winds, higher angle hyzers, short overhands, and the slo-mo short range turnover shots I love so much.

Then there's the purty factor. Red Grip Pure with holo foil and white Zero Pure with silver foil make for a mighty fine looking couple.

vto said:
I've been thinking about Pures to replace my P&A Aviars, as the Aviar just doesn't feel as comfortable in my hand. On another hand I like the Aviar's flight path for straight and turnover drives and upshots, and flat putts, so that's the spot I'm looking at the Pure for: straight and turnover drives/approaches, and flat putts. (I use a VP for hyzer shots and high winds, so it doesn't have to do that). I did notice that the updated Joe's Flight Chart puts the Pure at exactly same numbers as the P&A Aviar, so looks good on that front. Having one in Zero for putts and one in Grip for drives seems popular choice, and I'd go that route as well. How's the Pure's glide compared to Aviar?

About similar glide for Pure and Aviar. Spike keeps height better but fades harder while putting. Pure flies like you want to but it is more high speed stable than Aviars and maybe a bit shorter while driving.

Has anyone had slipping issues with the Grip line pures when the are just a tad wet? If there is any moisture on the disc it seems to slip out of my hand early. Being that all the courses I play are very heavily wooded I am hesitant to throw my zeros since the trees would really do a number on them. I bought one of those shammy towels and it helps but I still have slipping with the grip lines. This is the only reason I still carry an FLX Challenger. Is it just me or does this happen to others? I am particularly interested in hearing from the people who have been hounding Lat 64 for an Opto Pure.

Loving the pures for driving and approaching, still bit unsure with the putting; I still prefer my challengers for that job, but not switching back before I give these a good chance to prove themselves, and winter ain't the time to do that. Each time I drive with the pures my love for them grows a tad deeper, I just love how they fly and the feel of it parting from hand.

And yes, the grip line is quite slick if there's visible moisture on the surface, had couple of slips when I've been too lazy to wipe it dry enough.

Gripline plastic is really grippy in dry conditions, unfortunately it is some of the worst when it is wet.

And regarding stability of the pure, it is not as stable as a Wizard/KC/VP, so I wouldnt trust it as much into a headwind

I was actually surpised when it first came out, because I found it to be quite similar to the Spike, and I thought that they would have something that differed from the putter-lineup they had at that time.

Love my pures..... most of the time. When I first switched over I was nailing everything. Lately everything is just off a tad. I know it feels different when I throw it right. Just haven't figured out what I'm doing when I do it right vs. do it wrong. My one complaint is I tend to blow by the basket a ways when I miss. And if I'm off that day I tend to get too many bogies from missed comebacks. I am putting with the grip line pures, and really haven't had problems with the grip. even when wet. But I do dry my disc before every throw. Originally I used the zero pures. So if I can figure out what I am doing different I may go back to them. I do love the grip line pures for upshots too.

I still love them.

Though this premium plastic Prodiscus Joker is going to start invading the Pure's slot in my bag simply because I can't get an Opto one.

I've had a grip pure in the bag for about 3 months now. I originally bought it because I lost my last really old, worn wizard and needed a quick replacement for turnover putter drives / approaches. I fell in love with the low profile grip and the great glide on drives right away, but never really cared for it as a putter. I do like it for the occasional long putt where I have limited room for arm movement or a very low ceiling - my medium wizards drop too quickly for those shots. I throw a zero pure in the bag from time to time too, but I find the grip pure paired with a medium wiz keeps me covered pretty well. I think that if/when my premium jokeri wears in and loses a little high-speed stability, it'll be perfect paired with a pure.

And although I understand the outlook is bleak, I'm still hoping for an opto or gl pure.

I've been throwing Pures for well over a year now though I've long since returned to the Wizard for putting. Zero Pures are still my go-to for all approach duties and off the tee.