• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

pure(ly) awesome

you said you were waiting on it I was just saying its been out for a while. I live minutes from the Dynamic Discs store in lewisville. I have access to as many as i need. Even though i don't throw one.

zeike524 said:
you said you were waiting on it I was just saying its been out for a while. I live minutes from the Dynamic Discs store in lewisville. I have access to as many as i need. Even though i don't throw one.
Oooooh. :mrgreen: I meant I'm waiting on delivery of one that I bought in the classifieds. Just knew it would be today. Oh well. I have plenty of putters.

So I've always had trouble driving putters with a power grip.  There's always some flutter at the release, and it feels like it's really not coming clean out of my hand.  My hands are super tiny and I also have very thin fingers, putters just feel huge.  Had to switch to a loose birdie grip for driving putters, and it always drove me crazy having to switch grips depending on which disc I was throwing.

Picked up a pure today, and all I can say is WOW.  Threw it on three 230 foot holes, normal tight power grip.  Smooth as butter release, zero flutter, and just parked them.  Sure they're easy mostly open holes, but I'm just getting back from a 3 year break from disc golf and had to re-learn a bunch of stuff, and yet it feels like I've been driving pures forever.

The putting took some getting used to.  Was missing some easy putts and getting frustrated.  Then I realized I was gripping the pure pretty tight... it just felt too comfortable in my hand.  Putting with a magnet my grip was always loose because it just felt more awkward.  Well I loosened the grip on the pure, and that seemed to fix things for the most part.  The feel is still different than most other putters, but I'm pretty confident that with a couple more practice sessions I'll be putting as good with the pure as I was with a magnet.

I never had any troubles with too tight of a grip when putting. Then again I push putt.

Just bought some Medium Hard Pures. Really nice grip- close to EZE. Grippier than Grip and more desirable firmness than Zero Hard. Really tasty. Speaking of which, they smell like something familiar from childhood. Can't place it exactly, but maybe the rubber on the trap door of the TaunTaun? Or maybe just tires. Burnt rubber smell. Okay, I just smelled like ten other disc plastics and none of them have that smell. What is it? Like maybe even my sister's Strawberry Shortcake toys? Ahhh, now it's driving me nuts. Definitely a toy from the 80's that I grew up with. WHAT IS THAT SMELL?

Really hope it's the same. With temps hovering around zero for the rest of the week, I will probably be using my Zero Soft if i even bother to get out.

Was wondering if the Zero Mediums were any closer to EZE. I still have a few EZE left over but I'm glad if I need to replace any of them I could probably rotate in a Zero Medium given the chalkiness.

andrew said:
Really hope it's the same. With temps hovering around zero for the rest of the week, I will probably be using my Zero Soft if i even bother to get out.

Ha, that's exactly why I was asking. It was 18* here today and the hard is like a hockey puck. It will be interesting to see if this plastic cracks in the cold like dx does. Would be nice to find out is more durable than that. Post back about the flight of the medium if you get out any time soon, I'm interested to hear.