• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

pure(ly) awesome

PMantle said:
Amy reason I should not putt with opto? I did really well with it.
Pure and Zone may cover all my P&A duties.

Putting is a very personal thing... if it works for you go for it :) I just prefer the Zero Hard's feel for putting purposes.

Everyone and their dog puts with either a different putter or different plastic. Go with what feels right and works for you. I personally use grip line pure. Never met anyone else that does.

Yeah, some people can't stand premium plastic when putting, but I've been rocking MVP for a few years now and can't say it's been a hindrance at all. The only reason to not use Opto would be if you couldn't grip it properly for putts. If it feels good then go for it.

PMantle said:
I sure wish lat/west/DD was carried somewhere near here. I am going to Dallas in September. May have to plan ahead.
There is a Dynamic Discs store in Lewisville. Not sure if you knew or not but they have EVERYTHING!

zeike524 said:
PMantle said:
I sure wish lat/west/DD was carried somewhere near here. I am going to Dallas in September. May have to plan ahead.
There is a Dynamic Discs store in Lewisville. Not sure if you knew or not but they have EVERYTHING!
On my list.

Question. Is there somewhere they thattakes in used discs? I have a bunch and hate setting up actions for small items like discs. Would not care if I got low money, as long as i could get something in return. PIAS?

PIAS really depends on the location and what the staff knows about DG. some places will only offer you $1/disc others will give you something reasonable, just don't expect more than about $5/disc max.

zeike524 said:
PMantle said:

They have any left overs from the first run of Bio Fusion Trespasses? I'm looking for some in that Gun Metal Blue color specifically, or any other colors that kind of stand out as different.

Speaking of the Pure, while I still love it to death... I'm really starting to appreciate the Prodigy PA2 as a back up or dare I even say "replacement" to the slot the Pure fills in my bag. Blasphemy, I know. Also, the Mercy is an amazing putter and slower approach disc that really compliments the Pure. That is all.

At dynamic you can usually get 4-6$ depending on condition. They give it a grade. Basically they mark it dubble what they offer you but hey it is what it is. And the Trespass they may have one or two left but not positive on that. Was there yesterday and don't throw the tresspass so dont really pay attention. They do have probably 40+ Tresspasses though.

Jeronimo said:
Speaking of the Pure, while I still love it to death... I'm really starting to appreciate the Prodigy PA2 as a back up or dare I even say "replacement" to the slot the Pure fills in my bag. Blasphemy, I know. Also, the Mercy is an amazing putter and slower approach disc that really compliments the Pure. That is all.

you shut your mouth when you talk to me like that!!!

I do miss that Mercy that I lost.... I am also still very in love with the pure.

The pure changed my game the very first round i had it. It releases smoother than anything else i have tried as a putter. Only thing that sucks is i prefer the grip line for putting. They are slowly getting harder and harder to find.

My first time around with Pures I loved the Grip line for driving, but they didn't have a plastic I liked for putting at that time. Now they have the Zero Hard. I do have a GL that I've used for driving but I think I liked the Grip better, just can't find them anymore. Haven't tried Opto yet which was what I really wanted back when I had the Grips to start with.

get an Opto. It is a damn fine driving and approach putter.

anyone else not really loving the shape of the recycled Pures?