• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

pure(ly) awesome

Softs are tacky and flexible to a degree meaning pretty much but not the floppiest of discs. Hards are planks and slickish.

JR said:
Softs are tacky and flexible to a degree meaning pretty much but not the floppiest of discs. Hards are planks and slickish.

My local store had the new Lat 64 mid in stock in Zero Hard, and it actually wasn't too slick. It was actually somewhat velvety.

I ordered 2 Hard Pures for putting. I've tried to get on board with taller, slower putters, but my style (and lack of practice and playing) doesn't seem to work well with them. I'll give these a shot.

Fightingthetide said:
JR said:

My local store had the new Lat 64 mid in stock in Zero Hard, and it actually wasn't too slick. It was actually somewhat velvety.

I ordered 2 Hard Pures for putting. I've tried to get on board with taller, slower putters, but my style (and lack of practice and playing) doesn't seem to work well with them. I'll give these a shot.

I just picked up 2 of the ZHard Pures as well and they are my putting dream. When it comes out of my hand I know that its doing exactly what I told it to. If you like stiff putters like me these are the best available right now.

I use a factory second gold line pure as a midrange disc for approach, up shots and of the tee under 200ft or so. Love the feel and durability of this plastic.
For putting I use several of the test material 2 pures, as they just feel great also.
Apart from having to a just a little as I tend to putt low with pures this really is a do it all disc inside 220ft for me maybe further for others.

Love them.

Sent from somewhere and sometime in a TARDIS...

TM2 became Eze, and so far I've heard that ZHard isn't the same plastic as Eze.

Oh okay, I was thinking someone told me Eze became ZHard and the old Zero was ZSoft.

Like I said, I'd never felt TM2 or Eze so I didn't know. Thanks for the clarification :)

I know when I first started throwing Pures they were only in Grip and Zero. Grip was awesome for driving and Zero did not fit my putting at all. I gave them up and never looked back until my wife picked up a Zhard the other month and said "You need to look at this..."

Crosseyed0811 said:
I gave them up and never looked back until my wife picked up a Zhard the other month and said "You need to look at this..."

that is kinda funny right there...

Crosseyed0811 said:
Oh okay, I was thinking someone told me Eze became ZHard and the old Zero was ZSoft.

Well, it's sort of like that, but not quite. The Zero Soft is a bit softer and gummier than the old Zero (which is a shame, since I really liked the old Zero, and I think this Zero Soft is too soft). And a friend of mine has both EZE and Zero Hard Pures, and they feel very similar, but the Zero Hard seems to be slightly harder than the EZE. The surface texture and feel on EZE and Zero Hard is similar enough to say that ZH is probably just slightly tweaked EZE to make it even stiffer.

I think I'd like a Zero Medium between those extremes..

Zero Hard is slickish and EZE is quite tacky for a plastic disc but nowhere near as tacky as the softs which are somewhat floppy unlike EZE and certainly far away from the plate like Zero hard. Zero hard? Mucho hard.

JR said:
Zero Hard is slickish and EZE is quite tacky for a plastic disc but nowhere near as tacky as the softs which are somewhat floppy unlike EZE and certainly far away from the plate like Zero hard. Zero hard? Mucho hard.

So they really are that hard and slick?

I called my local store to see if the 2 that I ordered arrived today, and they did. I had them check, and they just said they were Zero, but didn't say that they were Zero Hard. I have a feeling they didn't specify which kind of Zero when they ordered (grumble). I'll see how they feel in the hand.

Here is the picture I believe I posted over in the Lat64 thread regarding the EZE vs. Zero Soft plastic rigidity.

EZE (Before they put out TM2/Zero Hard)
Photo100_zpsfbe4b365.jpg

Zero Soft
Photo98_zps20121a6a.jpg

The two I picked up are not Zero Hard after all (bummer), but they did feel really good in the hand. The flight plate had some sentence on it explaining the grip that had the word "Zero", however, they were tagged as EZE on the sticker.

They do feel good, but they aren't as stiff as I would like. If these turn out to be no good for putting, I'll probably reserve them to get beaten into understable driving putters next to my Opto Pure and my Champ Rhyno.

Fightingthetide said:
JR said:

So they really are that hard and slick?

I called my local store to see if the 2 that I ordered arrived today, and they did. I had them check, and they just said they were Zero, but didn't say that they were Zero Hard. I have a feeling they didn't specify which kind of Zero when they ordered (grumble). I'll see how they feel in the hand.

Zero hard is softer and tackier than medium Wizards but not by too much for most loving stiff discs. Frankly if you prefer harder discs you prefer flexibility rating illegal discs so good luck with that. For a non premium plastic Zero hard comes impressively close to Champ/Z of the stiffest kinds when it comes to resisting bending done with the hands. They do not hold up against hits though think of good DX or soft Pro.

Handled both the Zero Hard and Zero Soft Pure's at a shop the other day. What a disappointing experience. The Hard is way too hard for my liking and doesn't have the grippy texture of EZE and the Softs are WAY too soft... Almost floppy. And, the one I handled was warped/bent. The Hard also had terrible flashing on it that would definitely require clean up. Why must they drop popular plastics that people like and bring out this new stuff? I'm sure eventually they'll drop these two plastic blends as well and irritate someone else who is trying to save up some putters for practice and consistent backups...

That being said, I'm now in the market for new/lightly used EZE Pures. Anybody got 'em and wanna get rid of 'em?