• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PUTTERS

dkoz

Eagle Member
So I'm looking for a new " soft putter" I throw a pro rhyno and pro banger gt......any suggestions? give reason too!

Check out Vibram, even their medium and firm putters catch the chains like soft putters. Their soft putters are almost too soft, but I still carry one in the bag for those moments when something has to hit the ground and stick.

Challeger in Soft X plastic. Awesome disc, but a little chippy. I prefer them in Crystal Z plastic, grippy, still kinda soft, extremely durable, and very predictable! (Slightly overstable)

Do you dislike your Banger GT? They are great in soft plastic (X like Challengers instead of Pro D like Magnets and Foci).

Honestly, what do you want from this new putter that your current putters don't do for you?

I'd recommend a wizard or a magic, those are money. They feel good in the hand and you can go straight at the basket with them. Check out Gateway's ebay store (theres a link to it from their website), you can get 3 different x-out putters at a buy it now price of 20 bucks plus 5 bucks shipping. And for most of the orders dave will throw an extra disc in if you pay via paypal, read the item description for the details...

the voodoo is closest to your rhyno out of the gateway discs. i prefer the wizard out of all their putters because its such a great driving and approach disc as well.

the voodoo is closest to your rhyno out of the gateway discs. i prefer the wizard out of all their putters because its such a great driving and approach disc as well.

A Wizard (not counting the recent straight runs - new runs aren't as bad as they were a year ago) is closer to a Rhyno than a Voodoo. Gateway doesn't really mold a putter that overstable though.

The Omega SS has changed my putting in under a month. My confidence from anything 20 to 25 feet and in is crazy I just step up and putt. Has a great feel and very predictable. However, I do still putt with a JK from anywhere past 50'. This is because I personally think the SS is to soft for the power needed for a longer shot.

Wizard and Swan. Swan feels really nice and will hold any line. I like the Ions flight, just not the feel.

I recently picked up a soft focus and REALLY like it. Although I loved my Aviar, I was having release problems with the sharper edge -- the focus is much more rounded and releases smoother. And, it is fairly soft giving it a nice grip....it also seems to stay put well in the chains. On Friday, I couldn't stop hitting chains with it! I nailed atleast 2 putts outside 30', a couple around 20', and one 100'+ upshot dead center and it stuck!

I also have a soft ion and like it too -- the focus is much floatier (is that a word?!). To tell you the truth, I think the focus sticks the chains better; I've had a lot of putts fall out of the basket with the ion that would have stayed put with the focus. Definitely my favorite putter all around.

Garret

Challeger in Soft X plastic. Awesome disc, but a little chippy. I prefer them in Crystal Z plastic, grippy, still kinda soft, extremely durable, and very predictable! (Slightly overstable)

For the money the challenger is great. I love the soft challenger for long approaches and the low profile makes it easy to putt with. I think the best part is that the soft plastic, it lasts longer than the dx from innova and the cost is the same or less depending on where you go.

I prefer a Wizard and you want the why. I practice putting. I have several different putters, am always adding and trying, and the one that goes in most often wins. Grabbing the chains with regularity counts for something too. Wizard wins on both accounts. 2nd best putter is the Ion. For now anyway, there's always open competition. Just added a Swan which is really nice so far, made some nice putts in practice. Have a Yetti which is also intriguing, but more for long range.
I prefer a beefy putter. Your mileage may vary as well as mine, I always reserve the right to change my mind. Another "putter" and disc that I use the most often, though not for short putts, is the Joker..my driving putter and main approach disc. Even better in heavy wind.
At this point I always carry a Wizard, an Ion(s) and a Joker. My favs for what they can do.

Do you dislike your Banger GT? They are great in soft plastic (X like Challengers instead of Pro D like Magnets and Foci).

Honestly, what do you want from this new putter that your current putters don't do for you?
Seriously, unless this question is answered this thread is nothing more than "name your favorite soft putter." Somebody can say "Wizard" and somebody else can say "Magic" and none of it really amounts to much of a suggestion.