• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putting with Mids

A buddy just started putting with a drone. He has beat me the last couple of tourneys based on that disc alone. He has more confidence with it and that is what putting is really about.

As far as the glide on mids, IMO it comes down to what type of putter you are. He doesn't bang chains so to say, he is more of a die putter so he isn't floating by the basket with a lot of speed.

Sometimes I putt with a DX Buzz. When windy, either Axis or Vector will often work as well as a putter, but lately I starting to putt with the Resistor except with a tailwind.

I will "pitch or chip", for lack of better terms, with a beat Roc. This is from 75 to 100 ft out and usually a low ceiling or tight gap involved. I rarely run the basket with it, its usually for layups or shots that I don't feel comfortable putting. I've tried less stable putters, but I feel they still need more headroom with my putting style.

Latest posts