• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] R-Pro vs Star Roc

I think I'm gonna grab a Roc today and start practicing with it, but the local shop only has them in R-Pro and Star (San Marino). I'd prefer on that is more stable to understable. Would there be a huge difference between the two?

R-Pro is much more understable out the bag. The star one will take much longer to break in.

r-pros are the roc+ mold so they have a slanted inner rim and plus r-pro is not durable at all.. def go with the sanny

i cant get a good grip on the rim.. too used to my ranchos and if it aint broke dont fix it

I like my R-Pro roc. It is a roc+ and not really understable at all. It has a flat top and is 180g which could be why..

i cant get a good grip on the rim.. too used to my ranchos and if it aint broke dont fix it

Yeah I've had a couple of bad throws getting used to it. Completely different feel than my rancho rocs..

I've been to Bickel's and Dankwardt is my fav so far, but it's too far to go right now. I'll be going to Keokuk, IA and the local "shop" is a Hy-Vee grocery store with a disc area in their sports apparel section. It sucks, but they have a lot and you'll sometimes get someone who knows what they are talking about.

I love the Star for its durability and grip. I especially like my Star San Marino Rocs because they are way more stable than the Rocs I used to throw two years ago (Champ Sanny and KC Pro) and almost vowed never to throw Rocs again. The two I have, a 176g and 180g fly perfectly and consistently.

However, if you are looking for something on the understable side, the Star San Marino will probably not be the one for you. I like throwing them flat or with a tad of hyzer and watching them fade onto target (200-310ft). I also use them on high sweeping anhyzer lines knowing they will fight to land flat (180-270ft). A better choice would be a Star Mako or if you are willing to order online a Star Ontario Roc would be a good choice. The Ontario is noticeably more understable and turns more easily and on a flatter plane. All my midrange shots are covered by my Star SM Roc, Star Mako, and Star On Roc.

r-pros are the roc+ mold so they have a slanted inner rim and plus r-pro is not durable at all.. def go with the sanny

how do you tell didn't they stamp the back a little different...the word rancho is closer to the rim than a rancho...but they both say rancho correct?

im sure they both say rancho i cant say for sure cause if they stamped the back different or not.. but all r-pros are the + mold i do believe they dont run it in anything else unless its cfr.. and now that i think about it it would make sense if the lettering was closer to the rim because it slants in

this seems like something carl would say. Which makes me laugh

I say go with a Buzzz and never turn back.

Well I do carry a few buzzz's but I also have 1 kc pro roc I use I need more fade at the end of a S shot. and few other little shots.