• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Raptor

More Metallic Z available...so dope..

Attachments

• IMG_20210921_113053.jpg
    IMG_20210921_113053.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 61
More Metallic Z available...so dope..

What makes them metallic, the stamp?

Dude had discs for sale the other day at a local course. He had a PFN star Monster and I told him it might be worth some $. He was grateful and told me to pick a disc for free. Grabbed an ESP Raptor cuz I was curious. I liked it, if Discraft ever wanted to sponsor me I could probably substitute Raptors for my PDs.

What makes them metallic, the stamp?

Dude had discs for sale the other day at a local course. He had a PFN star Monster and I told him it might be worth some $. He was grateful and told me to pick a disc for free. Grabbed an ESP Raptor cuz I was curious. I liked it, if Discraft ever wanted to sponsor me I could probably substitute Raptors for my PDs.

They call the 2021 tour series plastic "Metallic".... it's like cryztal plastic with shimmer added....really grippy Z blend of plastic...has some give to it as well.

It isn't like the 2020 Swirly Z tour series that was stiff and slick.....(although the 2020 plastic was prettier imo)

A flat OS Raptor sounds Firebird-ish. Probably sell a bunch with Uli pimpin them.

McBeth started out throwing boutique Innova plastic and moved to all stock stuff and didn't stop winning?

Just wondering - do you think Mcbeth literally just buys/gets stock discs, or do you think there are certain runs of the discs that he throws that he likes more than others?

Just wondering - do you think Mcbeth literally just buys/gets stock discs, or do you think there are certain runs of the discs that he throws that he likes more than others?

I would expect he's like the rest of us…probably has some preferences on color, stiffness, flatness, and whatnot. He probably gets to cherry pick, but if he's getting to do it in person at the factory it's a lot easier to snag identical backups.

IMO that was one of the wisest decisions he made in terms of "building his own brand" as a pro athlete and why he moves more plastic than anybody else. I understand at that high of a level you need to be able to trust your plastic, and that's why you see players still throwing random oop stuff. They've been throwing it forever and trust the disc. From a sales and marketability perspective though it doesn't do much for the manufacturer.

Latest posts