• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Rare PIAS Finds

Found a brand new CE 12x 165g Eagle today... I picked it up and thought, wow, this feels like CE.
But its a 12x w flight numbers... I turned it over and its labeled a CE Eagle.
Had a couple of cheap DX trades, ended up costing $14.

Has all the tell tale signs of CE, and the right feel, so not sure how these things happen, but definitely happy.

I have an eagle with 12x stamp and flight numbers, definitely CE plastic. I think the champ gets the sweetest stock for his signature stamped discs.

Found a brand new CE 12x 165g Eagle today... I picked it up and thought, wow, this feels like CE.
But its a 12x w flight numbers... I turned it over and its labeled a CE Eagle.
Had a couple of cheap DX trades, ended up costing $14.

Has all the tell tale signs of CE, and the right feel, so not sure how these things happen, but definitely happy.

How are CE Eagles marked? Pic?

Will get a pic later... no markings except in how it was labeled, but the plastic IS definitely something other than regular Champ. I immediately thought "CE?" but it could also be comparable to old school Pro Line Leos I have...

Is this the one? I almost mistook it for an Ion at first glance. It is dye BTW, Grateful Dead. Good idea, poor execution. It is a helluva thrower though.

Attachments

• IMG_20150415_235151870.jpg
    IMG_20150415_235151870.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 174
I have an eagle with 12x stamp and flight numbers, definitely CE plastic. I think the champ gets the sweetest stock for his signature stamped discs.

are you sure you're not mistaking it for opaque champ?

I have a number of champ eagles that are fingerprinty/grippy/almost greasy in a good way (if that's possible) that are of the 12x stock.

I've always heard/seem them referred to as opaque champ 2004 and up era.

$(KGrHqRHJFcFIvNd2sdbBSQ3u-k9Vg~~60_35.JPG

these are not CE. they were really common a year or two ago. they have Banshees Eagles and Teebirds run in this plastic. from probably 2012ish. it doesn't wear like CE, not very durable. they are also pretty domey

$(KGrHqRHJFcFIvNd2sdbBSQ3u-k9Vg~~60_35.JPG

these are not CE. they were really common a year or two ago. they have Banshees Eagles and Teebirds run in this plastic. from probably 2012ish. it doesn't wear like CE, not very durable. they are also pretty domey

This.

It's amazing how little people liked that opaque Champ, thus driving 11X prices through the roof. Now it's suddenly CE and the greatest plastic ever. :rolleyes:

I've got a handful of those yellow opaque eagles, i hated that plastic back when it was current stock but don't mind it now. That plastic did tend to mold up domey.

Just snagged a pre-flight numbers 174g Champion Banshee, a 172g Z XS with the hashes over the patent numbers, and a 172g Z Xtreme. Traded in a bunch of poopy lightweight base plastic discs, including a Halex Midrange (roflmao can't believe they took it!). I also grabbed a factory second 175g Champion Wraith and 174g Opto Trident, not rare, still nice. Spent a total of $6.41. I love PIAS.

This.
Now it's suddenly CE and the greatest plastic ever. :rolleyes:

Like I said the second time around... its something other than Champ plastic... not the greatest thing ever. I've been out of the game a couple of years so spare me the eye rolls.
But it was labeled as CE and has a similar feel to it. I have two CE QMS' I got from PIAS that were new and labeled as CE and are 100% CE.
What I did miss was the concentric circle, record like pattern that is found on the underside of most CE. This disc doesn't have it.

Whatever it is, the pics don't do justice to exactly how dayglow this orange is, and the outside of the rim looks a bit more DEEP dark orange that shown in this lighting. It has that sticky, greasy, fingerprint making feel of CE and some other old pro line stuff I have. Cheers.

It means nothing if it has the CE label on the sticker... a handful of retailers still have that as their name for Champion plastic even though it is clearly outdated. And slim to none chance it actually is old stock that got churned up. First sign it isn't CE is that it doesn't have CAL tooling. Still a nice disc regardless.

Just snagged a pre-flight numbers 174g Champion Banshee, a 172g Z XS with the hashes over the patent numbers, and a 172g Z Xtreme. Traded in a bunch of poopy lightweight base plastic discs, including a Halex Midrange (roflmao can't believe they took it!). I also grabbed a factory second 175g Champion Wraith and 174g Opto Trident, not rare, still nice. Spent a total of $6.41. I love PIAS.

That xtreme at Snelling is a nice beat up xtreme thrower that probably might wanna fly more than 50 ft!

Like I said the second time around... its something other than Champ plastic... not the greatest thing ever. I've been out of the game a couple of years so spare me the eye rolls.
But it was labeled as CE and has a similar feel to it. I have two CE QMS' I got from PIAS that were new and labeled as CE and are 100% CE.
What I did miss was the concentric circle, record like pattern that is found on the underside of most CE. This disc doesn't have it.

Whatever it is, the pics don't do justice to exactly how dayglow this orange is, and the outside of the rim looks a bit more DEEP dark orange that shown in this lighting. It has that sticky, greasy, fingerprint making feel of CE and some other old pro line stuff I have. Cheers.

I'm sorry to have been condescending, but it's Champion plastic, not CE. It looks like it's from the time that the 12X stamp first changed (I remember opaque Champ being on shelves) so it's older, but it's not CE old. Sorry.

I'm sorry to have been condescending, but it's Champion plastic, not CE. It looks like it's from the time that the 12X stamp first changed (I remember opaque Champ being on shelves) so it's older, but it's not CE old. Sorry.

No, I got it. It took me a few days to catch up, but I'm not trying to make something CE that isn't. In the past, though, anything I've gotten from PIAS that was labeled as CE on the sticker actually WAS CE. I was fooled by this being pretty dang close in feel and pushed over the edge by the label... call it an impulse buy at this point, I suppose. The folks at the counter at the time clearly weren't the ones to ask, so it was a leap of faith. The same PIAS has a ROC labeled CE that I was not nearly as convinced... should have been a red flag. At the same time, every other disc but those two on the wall that were Champ were labeled as Champ. Also, I was in a rush to get to the course before rain, too, lol. So, fair warning I guess. PIAS may be pushing the envelope as to the description of what they have on the shelves.

Latest posts