• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Rare PIAS Finds

$7... Most DX I've seen recently are really waxy and dometastic, so maybe it is rare. This ones on the stiffer side of DX. Yellow Rocs just fly like butter it seems.

I always wondered if my local PAIS had someone skimming all the good stuff but after 10 or so visits...

It took some spit a polish to uncover what remained of the stamp but after that and some soap and water once back at home...

171g, old mold, 2003, 1x Beast, 8/10

:)

Last edited:
Unless you're counting stamp wear for a wall hanger. No ink other than something that came off with soap on the inner ring, underside.

I'm throwin' the sucker til it dies and yes, the plastic integrity is 8/10. If you're looking at the 1st pic, it's hard to tell a skuff from a smudge until you clean er up.

Last edited:
Here's a close up of the underside after soap and water... call it a 5/10 if you like but with my Pro Line Beast being one of my favorite solid stable drivers, I know that I scored.

My store has 2 discs with spraypaint on them. 8.99 each.
I did recently grab a new collegiate sparkle breaker for 10. That disc has some beef.

Found Pf roadrunner and pearly sidewinder. Also a PF feldberg boss. Not sure what they were worth, dont throw any of them, so didnt buy.

I have found a couple good ones at the PIAS by my apartment. Best so far has been an old Zippertop champ Rhyno. Sooo gummy and sooo nice! I have also found an 11x Firebird that i sold and an 11x Aviar that i sold too. And just last month i found an old run Pro Pig! Didn't pay more than $10 a piece for any of those either!

Scored a cool champ Teebird from a2011 tourney at Perkerson, looks like new and becuase the owner marks any disc he can't ID at $5 this was a 9/10 steal.

I'm not actually throwing them right now...Stags are in that slot, but it never hurts to have a TB around.

Pre jenkins *d destroyer with a pot leaf dye on it, unless you knew what it was, the faded back weight and *d got by all the Wanna be disc bin guys. Also an old z pred which I throw them, brand new, looked unthrown.

Found a preflight opaque banshee, but it had ink and wear and $10 so i got a protostar whale instead.

Found a brand new CE 12x 165g Eagle today... I picked it up and thought, wow, this feels like CE.
But its a 12x w flight numbers... I turned it over and its labeled a CE Eagle.
Had a couple of cheap DX trades, ended up costing $14.

Has all the tell tale signs of CE, and the right feel, so not sure how these things happen, but definitely happy.

Latest posts