• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Really Small Baskets

This kinda gets to my question. At what range do you switch? Is it simply the fact that you cannot hole out with the big disc? So you can choose to bang the putt with big disc in the big basket and then make a drop in? No hole in ones unless you drove with the mini?

I'll bet you could stick a putter if you got REALLY lucky.

But, that was my thought -- at what point do you switch? A little extra thinking.

I'm up for anything once! Does any legal mini work? Id probably use one of those metal ones. Little more heft. I dunno.

Definitely isn't the dumbest post about baskets I've read.....

Just like that, the hybrid rulebook gets longer, as we debate weight limits on the putting (mini) discs. Sigh. Just thinking that a metal mini thrown full power would hurt if it hit someone.

I did play a tournament a couple years ago with the larger maxi minis. They were popular a few years ago and Discraft was making drivers, fairways, midrange and putters. It was a ton of fun. I don't thing I would do it again, but still fun to give something new a try.

Oh, man, one more choice for the bag. Full-size, big mini, mini mini.

If you Ace a mini basket with a Condor, do you subtract a stroke?

Just like that, the hybrid rulebook gets longer, as we debate weight limits on the putting (mini) discs. Sigh. Just thinking that a metal mini thrown full power would hurt if it hit someone.

...and I was gonna have a jeweler make a custom 14K gold mini. :(

Last edited:
We are comparing touring pro to NBA pro. 75% to 95% on the low side, I could see some guys being 100% for an entire year. If free throws are easy what's a disc golf putt?

You are comparing pros. My whole point was that it is easy for pros, but no for the typical player.

What about somehow changing the risk/reward aspect of putting. For example, within circle 1x a missed put is the usual one stroke (+1). Within circle 1, a missed putt is a two stroke penalty (+2), within circle 2, or up to 60 feet lets say, if you go for the putt and miss its a 3 stroke penalty (+3). That would give one serious pause about going for chains or laying up to cirlce 1x. This would definitely increase the importance of upshot/layup accuracy. This would also eliminate the the rare but awesome long thrown in or epic putt. idk...nevermind.

Groundhog-Day-jpg.jpg

I would only be for this if after throwing your standard sized disc into whatever the "mini putting Range" is deemed, you would then have to mark your lie with an ultimate disc. You would then pick up your standard sized disc and put it in your pants pocket before attempting your putt. This would make JNCO's and Juggalo's relevant once again. Full on clown show. ;)

I'm not suggesting it as an improvement to the sport or a rule or event an X-tier tournament. I'm just thinking of it as something fun to do, in the same category where you can find RIPT and all-roller matches.

I'm running a tournament this year at a local private course and I think I'm going to put my mini Innova basket up on a pedestal so it's about 5-6 feet off the ground and then make players putt on it with full size discs.

I'm sure it will bring some much needed excitement to the tournament.

The players should love it since it will actually challenge them and really test those 33 footers.

I'm running a tournament this year at a local private course and I think I'm going to put my mini Innova basket up on a pedestal so it's about 5-6 feet off the ground and then make players putt on it with full size discs.

I'm sure it will bring some much needed excitement to the tournament.

The players should love it since it will actually challenge them and really test those 33 footers.

Be prepared to handle all the gratitude you'll receive. A couple of armed guards and a shark cage ought to do it.

: | , Lol. The way Calvin and Ricky do it, it only looks easy.

Right, that's the most ridiculous thing about this....the putting is too easy applies to mayyyybe 10-20 players in the entire world at any given time. Even among those on any given day they can have an off day and doink most of their circles-edge putts (see: Paul at LVC).

Mini baskets on top of the regulars. Eliminate a former stroke for making the mini, regular scoring for the absolutely massive ones we allegedly have now:|

(Yes there would need to be a distance limit on the mini)

Latest posts