• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Removing Funk from a long sunken disc

I might try a hydrogen peroxide swabbing, it is great at getting organic material (blood) out of clothes so you might have some luck if the odor is truly organic.

Tape a couple car air freshener to the underside of the disc? Throw a couple more in your bag :)

Seriously though I'd vote for either replacing the disc or give it an acetone bath, whichever is cheaper. It's obviously not anything but the stock stamp so just have to remember the <color> star disc without a stamp is a Teebird. If the funk goes away you could always try your hand at a dyeing the disc.
If it is a custom stamp that you're rather fond of build an airtight wall hang box LOL.

I would try making a baking soda paste. Start by mixing together a cup of water, table spoon or two of lemon juice, half cup of baking soda and then apply to the disc. Let it dry overnight then wipe clean. The goal is to have the soda pull the funk from the plastic. I think the acidity in the lemon juice helps the soda penetrate the plastic. May need to do this a few times, but should work on Star plastic.

Latest posts