• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Removing sharpie from a disc.

How to get marker off discs

how to get marker off discs i made some trades with other peoples info on them how do i get it off?

A friend of mine uses acetone. I learned that bug spray tends to work on ESP and Z plastic after it took some of the stamp off a couple discs. AND I PUT THAT SHT ON MY SKIN?!?

Dry erase marker takes off almost all the sharpie (teacher trick for when kids write on the whiteboard with permanent markers...)

A friend of mine uses acetone. I learned that bug spray tends to work on ESP and Z plastic after it took some of the stamp off a couple discs. AND I PUT THAT SHT ON MY SKIN?!?

NEVER apply deet to plastic!!! It breaks it down and can really screw with discs.

Deet + plastic = NO GOOD!

It gets the sharpie off along with the plastic it was on. Just a heads up!

Im wondering the same thing as I wrote my name in number with a regular sharpie and it is kinda gawldy. I got a super-fine tip sharpie and can right it more attractively smaller around the rim.

Im wondering the same thing as I wrote my name in number with a regular sharpie and it is kinda gawldy. I got a super-fine tip sharpie and can right it more attractively smaller around the rim.

EDIT: I'm wondering the same thing as I've written my name and number with a regular Sharpie(tm) marker and it is somewhat unattractive. I have since purchased a super-fine top Sharpie(tm) marker and now I am able to write my information in a manner which is more pleasing to the eye, and also takes up less space on my disc, by writing the information around the rim of the disc.

/EDIT

Just doing my part to help out.

\/\/

Dry erase marker takes off almost all the sharpie (teacher trick for when kids write on the whiteboard with permanent markers...)

Finally, an idea that actually works. You have to use a little elbow grease for star and champion type plastics, but it actually works. Thanks mashnut.

Finally, an idea that actually works. You have to use a little elbow grease for star and champion type plastics, but it actually works. Thanks mashnut.

So wait, you just put some dry erase marker over the permanent ink then wipe it off (with elbow grease)?

Atleast 8 and they all go over the same stuff.
I think I posted on 5 or so of them with the sharpie cure I found.

So wait, you just put some dry erase marker over the permanent ink then wipe it off (with elbow grease)?

Exactly. I just color over the sharpie with a good amount of pressure, then use warm water and dish soap to get the dry erase off. It won't get the stuff that's really deep down into the disc, but it gets almost all of it off pretty instantaneously.

There is no way to get it off star. the best thing is to write over the marker with other random words. then fill the black over it after that. once you let that set for a few days wipe it off with acetone and you should only be left with a slightly darkened square where you had it sharpied in. better to have a few random black squares on your discs than random phone numbers and swear words.

I've always wondered if one could do a dye job over the old ink. Then a dye job the same color as the disc. Anyone try that?