• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Replacement for my Teebird

Not sure if a new one will work, but my first run 169g N Shock flies almost exactly like my seasoned 150 Champ TB. It even has that little bit of a turn when thrown hard. Only difference I can see is that it fights out of anhyzer harder, rarely riding it to the ground, and goes a bit further (that gyro thing + it is a bit faster). I consider the two interchangeble, just swapping out the TB in favor of the Shock when windy.

The first run Shocks were a big mistake: nowhere near as overstable as they were supposed to be (or as later runs are). A new Shock will almost certainly fly nothing like a seasoned 150g champ Teebird. Enjoy your FR Shock if you like that flight, but don't replace it with a later run Shock because they are not the same. They were never supposed to be that flippy, and they won't fly like a longer Teebird.

Wouldn't a Viking be closer to the TB in flight? Same speed as Valk, less turn, similar fade to TB. Before I stopped carrying Vikings in favor of Volts I got some very straight flights from the Viking.

Yes, I think you are correct. I just haven't had any experience with the Viking myself.

I second the volt suggestions. Never thrown a tbird, so cant compare the two. But, volts are amazing! My 159 fission is my work horse driver. Laser straight with moderate late fade.

Seriously, could easily play the rest of the year with only two discs, my volt and my ion, and really wouldnt feel tremendously handicapped

Its provably going to be a bit hard to find, but the CD2 is quite possibly the longest flying disc in the speed 9-10 class and one of the most underrated discs based on the lack of its suggestion here. The CD3 is an 11 speed but it is so easily controlled it is basically a cross between a TeeBird and a Destroyer. Unfortunately I can't locate any in C-Line that are less than 170 though I did find G-CD2s at 167.

The best replacement for a TeeBird is another TeeBird though a ThunderBird/PD/OLF are good options as well.

I started messing with an s line Pd recently. I could kick teebirds out for one of these.

The first run Shocks were a big mistake: nowhere near as overstable as they were supposed to be (or as later runs are). A new Shock will almost certainly fly nothing like a seasoned 150g champ Teebird. Enjoy your FR Shock if you like that flight, but don't replace it with a later run Shock because they are not the same. They were never supposed to be that flippy, and they won't fly like a longer Teebird.
Yeah...that's what I thought I'd heard.

Inbounds comparison of Viking, Volt, Teebird, and Thunderbird.
Based on this, a Thunderbird would be the way to go. But I've never thrown one, so...

However, I, with my noodlearm BH, and FH with maybe 2x the snap, and inconsistent form, often get straight flights out of Vikings and Volts, and often (especially FH) see turn with various plastic Teebirds. Which is to say that all three have fairly similar flights, with the Viking and Volt tending to have more fade, fighting out of mild to moderate anhyzers, and the Teebirds being prone to riding anhyzers to the ground if I have more than a slight anhyzer. Maybe I need to ask one of these questions in the "For the love of the bird" thread, but still:
1)dashiellx, how do Teebirds fly for you?
2)Am I doing something wrong, expecting the wrong thing, not properly taking into account how beat in the TBs are, etc.???

If you want a longer Teebird then get a Thunderbird. If you want a better Teebird then get a Latitude Gold Line Spark

A kind soul has gifted me a PD to try out. Thank you all for the suggestions.

Latest posts