• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Replacing a well-seasoned Valkyrie.

BradC

Eagle Member
As the title says. Trying to replace a lost near and dear friend that was sacrificed today.

What can I buy off the shelf that will fly like a 6-7/10 Star Valk? Inked SV on bottom, around 170g.

I like the Roadrunner. Super flippy but also easy to throw straight because the turn is so smooth. Similar to a well seasoned Valk, although the Valk probably has a touch more fade even when really beat up.

Buy a few dx valkyrie and cycle them. It should not take a long time before one flies like your beat up star Valk.
Just an idea.

I actually prefer the Pro Valk, and it should beat in a bit better. For some reason I like pro valks and pretty much champ everything else. Oh, Star Aviars. Not sure why... Just not a big fan of star drivers.

Depends on how flippy, but a Lat 64 Vision might be close.
But just beating up some DX valks might be the way to go.

Try a Star SL.

Try a OLF.

Beat 'em up for a couple weeks but they both get pretty sweet quick.

Last edited:
Why not just get a Star Sidewinder? The two are very similar except the sidewinder is a little more under-stable. Both can also be found in weights down to 150gms.

Vision or Sidewinder are the best bets if you don't want to hunt down a used Valk.

Okie-J...OLF and SL??? Those are both more stable than a new Valk. lol. A light SOLS maybe, but that still won't be quite what he's looking for.

^ Are you laughing at me? On a Sunday?! Some people......;)

I've only thrown a Valk a few rds and it seemed very similar to me. Not as stable maybe but a light SL that's flexed out after a few tree hits is close and the fit in the grip is close also.

I like the Roadrunner. Super flippy but also easy to throw straight because the turn is so smooth. Similar to a well seasoned Valk, although the Valk probably has a touch more fade even when really beat up.

Yeah, this is probably the easiest route. I'd just scrounge through a used bin or the Marketplace for another old Star Valk if it were me, that's part of the appeal of throwing Valks, they're really popular and all over the place.

GL or Opto Vision I hear is a super OS disc off the shelf. You could also try an Avenger SS. I know for a fact they are flippy. You could try a DX Valk.

Latest posts