• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

revamped bag

Ice Eagle

Ok, i've been playing for about 1 and a half years or so i started out throwing all the fast stuff. orcs, beasts, wraiths if it was fast i probably threw it. Just now i've been really reading around and decided to slow down and start over traded all my super speed drivers to slower fairway drivers. I would say i consistently drive in the 270 range but i can get my gazelle about 300 on a really solid throw and my monarch about 310.
my bag is currently
dx gazelle-169
dx gazelle-172
star leopard-172
s wizard-172
ss wiz-155
sss wiz-175
organic wiz-165
and i have a 172 monarch i use for max d
i use my 169 gazelle for everything and usually my sss wizard or ss wizard for mid range purposes so what do you think i could add or ditch
also i apologize if this was longer than need be

Add a roc for sure
Maybe a teebird
See how you like heavy dx valkries for max D

The roc should fly similar to your wizards, and a little longer...but occasionally you'll bomb your roc as far as you normally throw one of your fast drivers.

valks are more stable and predictable than monarchs.

Teebird Good chance it will become one of your $$$ discs.

gazelles = good

dylanmiller said:
Ok, i've been playing for about 1 and a half years or so i started out throwing all the fast stuff. orcs, beasts, wraiths if it was fast i probably threw it. Just now i've been really reading around and decided to slow down and start over traded all my super speed drivers to slower fairway drivers. I would say i consistently drive in the 270 range but i can get my gazelle about 300 on a really solid throw and my monarch about 310.
my bag is currently
dx gazelle-169
dx gazelle-172
star leopard-172
s wizard-172
ss wiz-155
sss wiz-175
organic wiz-165
and i have a 172 monarch i use for max d
i use my 169 gazelle for everything and usually my sss wizard or ss wizard for mid range purposes so what do you think i could add or ditch
also i apologize if this was longer than need be

What you have so far is a great start, but there are two obvious holes.

One being an overstable driver. For you i would suggest maybe a Banshee, EXP1, DX Firebird, Tsunami, Z-Avenger....These will fly predictably into a strong headwind or give you a strong left hook when you need it.

The other hole being a stable midrange...the best choices are either a Wasp, Buzzz, or Roc. These will bridge the gap between your putters and drivers and probably become your go-to discs in most situations.

IMO the monarch is fine for max-D, just as long as it isnt your go-to driver since it is too fast to have any real predictability. Down the road as you get better it might become your long-turnover/roller driver, which is totally fine.

i figured i would get the roc suggestions. since there are so many out there what roc would you suggest, just a good old dx? i saw a few bottom stamps at my local shop

Beetard said:
Add a roc for sure
Maybe a teebird
See how you like heavy dx valkries for max D

The roc should fly similar to your wizards, and a little longer...but occasionally you'll bomb your roc as far as you normally throw one of your fast drivers.

valks are more stable and predictable than monarchs.

Teebird Good chance it will become one of your $$$ discs.

gazelles = good

I got to agree with the add the Roc. I have been playing almost a year and I was lucky to start on gazelles. Then I bought a Roc. It is tough at the beginning because I thought it was overstable but I stuck with it. If you want to add distance a disc isn't going to help much. Use the Roc on everything I mean everything under 290. Only use the Gazelle if it is 290 and you might make the putt. I did this and am doing really well with Teebirds (390 golf d) and at the end of may I was only at 320 golf d. Hold off on the distance drivers and teebirds.