• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Rhyno wear stages

jtbingster

* Ace Member *
I was thinking about getting a couple Pro Rhynos (the kind in stores now, not the old kind) to use as my main driving putters and using them in wear stages like Rocs (not just for wind and OS stuff). The main reason is that I like the shallower feel to them better than my Wizards.

Just wondering if anyone has done this, and how it worked. Also wondering if there is anything weird in the way Rhynos lose stability. I've only thrown them a few times, and haven't had one in my bag for a long period of time yet.

Thanks in advance!
:thmbup:

The new ones don't beat in very good. The plate never holds its shape and changes the flight characteristics.

I am thinking about making the same switch - but looking at the R-Pro as my dead straight putter

They're not as multi-purpose as a Roc or BB Aviar. You basically carry one, because it's a Rhyno, and they're pretty overstable. I would go with DX if I were going to add it back into the bag. It's not a very good go-to straight putter, and it's not even that great for shaping lines, so it's not a conventional driving putter either. It's a specialty disc...

They're not as multi-purpose as a Roc or BB Aviar. You basically carry one, because it's a Rhyno, and they're pretty overstable. I would go with DX if I were going to add it back into the bag. It's not a very good go-to straight putter, and it's not even that great for shaping lines, so it's not a conventional driving putter either. It's a specialty disc...

so based off of what you said above, what would it's specialty be?

thanks for the comments

It's a slow, overstable approach disc. Good for forehands, weird over hands, crazy flex shots, spike hyzers, stall shots, windy approaches, etc...

It's not a disc that likes to fly straight, or stay in the air, at low speeds. It can be used as a putter, but you have to put a lot of stink on it to expect them to fly straight or hold an anhyzer.

It's not a disc that likes to fly straight, or stay in the air, at low speeds. It can be used as a putter, but you have to put a lot of stink on it to expect them to fly straight or hold an anhyzer.

Hmm... thanks for this feedback. After fondling a rhyno and tossing it a couple times, the thing that I liked most about it was the low profile. I have big hands and I felt like I had more control over the low profile of the rhyno than the wizard. Would you happen to have any suggestions for a wizardish low profile putter? <-- understanding that your suggestions could be more/less stable than the wizard.

Thanks!

zone is low-profile but is pretty darn low speed overstable. Not good for your 'regular' putter until it gets super beat. Decent glide considering though.

i was messing around driving with my Pro Rhynos yesterday and was getting a pretty straight line out of them with a nice lil fade at the end..didnt seem to fly near as overstable as i was thinking which is good for me :) ... i also have an ESP Zone i toss and it is WAY more stable the the Pro Rhyno...but just starting to use them so i cant really comment on the stages of wear..might be able to in bout 6 months tho :p

Nope on the zone. Once they get concave,they get a lil faster n lose more glide but stay quite overstable. I doubt one would ever go straight without crankin on it

I use Star for my drives ...Xg Champ For approaches .. And Dx for Putts ..
all RHynos ..
I love um ..
id recomend a star for driving with and it will hold its shape forever .. ish ..lol

David Greenwell putts with Rhynos. He once told me that he needed to handicap himself because he was crushing everyone so badly with his Aviar that he felt guilty and so he switched to a putter that really sucks.

Don't throw Rhynos, but if you want a more shallow feel on a disc that can hit any line, get an XD

aj

I only use the Champ Rhynos... tried the XG and the Star but didn't like them much

I can put the Champs on just about any line which shocked me at first but now I'm used to it...
I don't notice any difference in the beat-in'ness of my main Rhyno compared to newer ones... I've thrown the thing at fences, trees, etc as well as slammed it on concrete and skidded it across pavement... seems to hold up

David Greenwell putts with Rhynos. He once told me that he needed to handicap himself because he was crushing everyone so badly with his Aviar that he felt guilty and so he switched to a putter that really sucks.

Thanks for the contribution but if D Greenwell has something to say I'm sure he can say it himself... so thanks for nothing

Latest posts