• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ricky’s in the cart

I saw it. Rick has come so far in terms of being on front of the camera. He likes his Pigs!

as much as i ripped on him before big rick is sounding much better in front of the camera

i think there would be a ton of overlap but then again im not a 2x world champion

also surprised at his fh only vs bh only discs

I'm not a fan of Ricky, but both this vid and his practice round vids are as good as any that I've seen.

Also, I think I counted 34 discs!

Surprised he doesn't really throw any overstable mids. It's either Pig or strait to the Firebirds.

I have a great idea, let's start a thread about whether you really need an OS mid!!! Bet that's one we haven't had before!

I'm actually kind of curious as to which putter is the BEST putting putter. Don't think I've seen that brought up before. Probably why I also suck at putting. How has nobody started threads on these pressing issues before?

Also, I think I counted 34 discs!

Right! Ricky is a great example of the difference between mold minimalism and disc minimalism. Besides some random fairway drivers, his bag is basically destroyers, firebirds, rocs and pigs.

Let's start a thread discussing the pros and cons of cycling the same mold vs having a different mold for every slot. Has anyone done that yet? ☕️[emoji16]

Ricky's always struck me as the "lovable goofball" type when he's not competing - and a fierce battler inside the ropes.

I'm not a fan of Ricky, but both this vid and his practice round vids are as good as any that I've seen.

I've not been a big Ricky fan either, but his practice round videos were incredibly insightful. Dude is dropping knowledge constantly through the round. Everything he says is useful for the average player.

I'm always amazed when I watch Rick throw his Pigs +300' on a hyzer-flip line. I know he's worked his in over time, but I can barely get mine off the ground.

I really like the Wysocki Pig....the regular Pig just isn't the same. Unfortunately, the Wysocki Pig isn't widely available, so I've gone to the DGA Breaker which is close to the same thing.

I'm actually kind of curious as to which putter is the BEST putting putter. Don't think I've seen that brought up before. Probably why I also suck at putting. How has nobody started threads on these pressing issues before?

I don't think there could ever be consensus on which putter is the best for putting. Unlike other throws, putting is so individual.

One player straddle putts, one stagger putts. One holds the disc over their head, one in front of their face, one out in front of their body. One keeps their arm straight, one slightly bends the elbow, one bends the elbow 90 degrees. One brings the disc back to their waist, one brings it back to their knee, one to the ground. One throws the disc on a hyzer, one flat, one anhyzer. One grips with the first finger along the rim, one grips with the first finger under the rim.

So many variables in putting and I didn't cover them all. And that is just in the throw....now you add the disc. Some like a hard putter, some a soft one. Some with a bead, some without a bead. It goes on and on.

I don't think there could ever be consensus on which putter is the best for putting. Unlike other throws, putting is so individual.

One player straddle putts, one stagger putts. One holds the disc over their head, one in front of their face, one out in front of their body. One keeps their arm straight, one slightly bends the elbow, one bends the elbow 90 degrees. One brings the disc back to their waist, one brings it back to their knee, one to the ground. One throws the disc on a hyzer, one flat, one anhyzer. One grips with the first finger along the rim, one grips with the first finger under the rim.

So many variables in putting and I didn't cover them all. And that is just in the throw....now you add the disc. Some like a hard putter, some a soft one. Some with a bead, some without a bead. It goes on and on.
I think you missed his intent.