• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rocs & Wizard Round 2

you make some bodacious videos... the whole time i kept thinking, 'is this bonobo?'

I think its about time you get a PDGA #. Compete first in advanced, and if/when you start winning those (which may be pretty quickly) move on up. Give her a shot, I think you'd be surprised that almost no one at tournaments are like the negative people you can run into talking about foot faults and the like.

moar.jpg

Last edited:
Do my eyes deceive me or do I see tee signs at Wildwood again!

Haven't played there since last Autumn with no signs, and I had trouble navigating.
Current conditions look good there, and I always liked the layout of that nice 10-hole course.

Mike C., I'd watched your first putter vids before you came back to DGCR, and I have to say you amaze me. I'm way more inspired now to start throwing my Rocs and Wizards farther. And amazing putting, btw!

Great vids!

Thanks for all the positive comments everyone, I appreciate it. Motivates me to do more of these. If you ever get sick of them just say so :p

I think its about time you get a PDGA #. Compete first in advanced, and if/when you start winning those (which may be pretty quickly) move on up.

I might give it a shot. The people I've thrown with in the tournies I've played have all been real nice, I just hate the slow pace and I don't like how tense everyone sometimes seems to be. Everyone stresses about their shots a lot more and really takes their time with each shot. But each year since I started I've played the Monster tournament at Arboretum and it's a good time. Me and my partner won last time, I think we played intermediate? Not sure, he signed us up. Played cali my first time and had only been playing for a few months, no idea what division I played but I didn't place :p

Do my eyes deceive me or do I see tee signs at Wildwood again!

Haven't played there since last Autumn with no signs, and I had trouble navigating.
Current conditions look good there, and I always liked the layout of that nice 10-hole course.

Yep, all shorts are marked with metal posts, all longs marked with wooden posts with hand drawn maps. First 5 or 6 short tees have the signs in and the main map is installed too. It's much nicer these days. I just need to trim back #6 long tee, it's kind of rough right now.

This is one of the very few videos that really made me want to go out and play.

Edit: I just realised you're the 'Driving with Wizards' guy! That's the video that actually got me interested in wizards.

holy crap -10 (even for a short course) is pretty dam good. I noticed when you putt, you don't dick around, you just step up and toss the thing in. Is this because you think its easier and prevents mental issues? I feel I do better if I get a feel for the putt with some rocking/ weight shift stuff, but I'm a sucky putter.

I noticed when you putt, you don't dick around, you just step up and toss the thing in. Is this because you think its easier and prevents mental issues?

Yup, exactly. I do this with every single shot I throw, except for one's where I'm still deciding which line to take when I step up to my lie. I feel allowing any extra time in between having made a decision to go for X line and actually doing it just gives distractions more time to take effect.

DUDE! Teach me how to putt...Wow. Just casually sinking everything like butter, as Billy Crump would say. I also like the no hesitation, just get up and throw it in attitude. I may have to try that out...

Tim S.

i have heard of Cubby Aces!

we will call these Cubby Rounds!

the course looks pretty fun also! i really enjoy the semi-open but with obsticals type courses.

Last edited:

Latest posts