• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sad baskets

South Hampton Bulldog DGC - Bethany MO

Interesting chain assembly that does not catch discs. Then you have the basket, I put my putter there to show how big the gap is. I had several putts slip out as I was playing.
20240613_151741.jpg

If anyone has played Willows in Winnona Minnesota, I hate the baskets because they are old firs gen original Chainstar baskets and those baskets are not durable and about 4 or 5 years into course being made they had to replace chains and baskets are always falling over on a few specific holes because ground in area is that soft.

Problem is all original Chainstar baskets are some of easiest baskets to bend metal on, even when they were new under a year old for a course.

Gen 1 original Chainstar original are so bad a course I played in Rapid City Jakson park had to buy gen 2 original Chainstar becuse rusts on bolts had started helping speed up rusting on baskets would not be able to hold itself up and were unlucky becuse of how inconsonant gen 1 original Chainstars could be. All despite Disc Golf club for Aera Black Hills Disc Golf Club founding member one of them passing off second updated baskets as old low cage Mach V in 2000's and working on removing sticker. from What I know Omaha park now has as of 2018--2019 original Chainstars instead of old Mach V as course says they got baskets from Jackson park and when looking at more recent pictures at Jackson in 2019 from a PDGA B tier tournament I could see they were slightly cheaper original Chainstar baskets.

Another bad one was in Aberdeen South Dakota old crappy 9 hole, replaced in 2010s with new 9 or 10 hole course where on old course hole 7 or 8 cage was folded in like a taco and course was using some fairly durable baskets being Lightning DB-5 so how a cage was folded in like a taco was a mystery. Lightning DB-5 did however have added by gone original Aberdeen Disc Golf Club, extra chains added on in such a way second set of 9 chains would not move and were like a modern Mach II where second set of chains are on same ring outer chains are on.

Some of the good Lighting DB-5 baskets I would not be surprised if being reused as replacements for Richmond Lake State Rec area where course is a mix of baskets because some were original Innova 24 chain Discatcher Baskets from mid--late 1990's where chains would rust out so some baskets became so bad as specific Innova baskets on course were beginning to rust out or were worn out enough they got replaced and some more of old Innova basket and I am sure one older replacement New design Mach II needed replacing in 2010's as basket was always falling over.

I now have two very solid practice baskets in my garage (Innova and Yaheetech). However, when I first started out playing disc golf, I had several Franklin Sports fabric umbrella-style baskets with plastic chains. I think this is the last of said. Here, it is new (March 2020). And again, fairly destroyed (September 2020). Notice the top ban and disconnected/broken stretchers. You get what you pay for!:ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Home practice baskets (8).jpg
    Home practice baskets (8).jpg
    384.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Home practice baskets (1).jpg
    Home practice baskets (1).jpg
    432.9 KB · Views: 0
Not necessarily a sad basket. But every other basket on this course is newer chainstars. My guess l, would be a tree fell on the previous one & this is the substitute.

Attachments

• IMG_20240629_140146941.jpg
    IMG_20240629_140146941.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Not necessarily a sad basket. But every other basket on this course is newer chainstars. My guess l, would be a tree fell on the previous one & this is the substitute.
these are old gen 1 original Chainstars as gen 2 original Chainstar have a just slightly taller like modern Mach II or old cage Mach III/VI like cage but are still made of non durable heavy duty wire like material.

South Hampton Bulldog DGC - Bethany MO

Interesting chain assembly that does not catch discs. Then you have the basket, I put my putter there to show how big the gap is. I had several putts slip out as I was playing.
View attachment 342548
Your Course May have been in use prior to a regular Disc Golf Disc becoming a thing in 1990's.

And here's one from one of the more memorable (not in a good way) courses I have played: Skinner Park

Attachments

• PXL_20220511_220238981.jpg
    PXL_20220511_220238981.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Your Course May have been in use prior to a regular Disc Golf Disc becoming a thing in 1990's.
um Actually those baskets were made just a few years ago. The course was built in 2019. They are just home made baskets. Probably made is shop class for the high school.

I have been playing since 1988, The only basket I know that was made that current golf discs fall though are the Cone Baskets made in the mid 80's. There use to be a couple of courses with them in Oklahoma.

However I can't count how many home made baskets I have played that discs can and do fall though.

Latest posts