• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Saint or escape!?

The saint is like a TL. It starts out like a Teebird and beats into a TL very fast. Straight to subtle turn with dependable fade.

All the saints I had were super flippy out of the box. Even though I've never thrown an escape if the two were in front of me is leave the saint on the table. Maybe I just got very unlucky with my saints, but for my money I'd just as soon try another mold.

I haven't tried a Saint yet. I've been looking for a Lat, WS, or DD disc that is truly like the Teebird, but the Escape isn't it. Looking at the MS chart, the Saint and Escape are the exact same thing, and Lat, WS, and DD have nothing even close the Teebird. From where I'm sitting, I'm tempted to try a Medius.

For now I'm still throwing a Teebird.

I haven't tried a Saint yet. I've been looking for a Lat, WS, or DD disc that is truly like the Teebird, but the Escape isn't it. Looking at the MS chart, the Saint and Escape are the exact same thing, and Lat, WS, and DD have nothing even close the Teebird. From where I'm sitting, I'm tempted to try a Medius.

For now I'm still throwing a Teebird.

Why would you wanna replace the almighty tee bird

Why would you wanna replace the almighty tee bird

It amuses me to try and put together a bag of sponsorship compatible discs. I use whatever in competition, but for some reason, I think it is fun to walk in the shoes of the sponsored pros trying to put a bag together. Sometimes my efforts make for interesting conversation on the pro cards with the top ladies. We can talk about the same things, you know?

My buddy was looking for a DD Lat 64 WS replacement for his Teebird. I said the Saint was the closest thing, but nothing really compares. Am I right?

I love disc that don't turn right very much due to me playing in tightly wooded courses! If I was a disc to go right I can make it go right! I love the tee bird, tl, and escape ESP because the escape gives me the straight shot with more distance than my tee bird

I just ordered a couple of the Medius, so I'll let you know if they get all double rainbow.

Stag is a glidey tbird. You should be trying one of them out jenb. Closest thing that i have thrown to a tbird, but you have to get it in a heavy vip plastic.

I threw a friend's 175 VIP Stag on Sunday and flipped the crap out of it into a relatively gentle headwind. Not sure if I am drinking that Kool-Aid yet.

As to the OP, I carry both a 175 GL Saint and a 175 Star Teebird in my bag. I've thrown the Saint since I picked one up around Worlds last summer, and it is as much a go-to driver for me as a Teebird seems to be for everyone else. I find the Saint to be one of the straightest, glidiest discs I have ever thrown. Now that I have it beaten in a little, I have to give it some hyzer and take a bit off it in a headwind, but it'll fly forever in a tailwind or in no wind. I still trust the Teebird because of its fade; my Saint seems to hold the line for a long time, but the Teebird will come out a bit earlier, and dependably. One is not really a replacement for the other in my book.

I like the escape better cuz it flies better in the wind than the saint IMO. I do like having that little bit of turn in the Saint tho. Both discs serve a purpose I suppose. If anyone doesn't like their Escapes PM me if their available.

I threw a friend's 175 VIP Stag on Sunday and flipped the crap out of it into a relatively gentle headwind. Not sure if I am drinking that Kool-Aid yet..

I've done the same to current production run Teebirds... they are terribly inconsistent. Saw a 172g stag punch into a beefy headwind yesterday...pretty awesome tight line. Not quite a rope, but for a fairway, crazy straight into that wind.

I have really started to see the light on the Saint. For some awkward reason seems to be the perfect amount of speed, glide & etc. for me.

They're both great discs though.

Closest things ive found to Teebirds but IMO are better are first run C-PD's they fly the same when powered down but you are also able to really rip them and they dont flip.