• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Saint or escape!?

The original poster never mentioned TeeBirds, the questions was should he/she try the Saint or the Escape...

I vote Escape. I've thrown several Saints, Goldline, Opto, Sparkle, 164-174g. They are useful, they do have turn, and you can make them fly straight. But for me the Escape is what I wanted the Saint to be. Slightly more overstable at high speed, but not so much that it's a meathook. Maybe it's less sensitive to my less than perfect form, but the Escape held lines better for me. And that Lucid plastic feels like goldline and opto mixed together. Amazing grip.

I vote escape. Its a pretty sweet disc. Fast, super straight and has incredible distant potential.
I'm loving mine.

Ill have to say the Stag on max weight VIP is the closes thing to a teebird that i have ever thrown... with one exception in comparison. I feel that you cant really full power the Stag, but u dont have to either will its ability to glide. As long as you dont over do it IMO its as close to a Teebird as you will find.

As for the Saint; it has become my go to driver. I can keep it super accuate out to 350-360, or make that glide work for me and push it out 400+. I have found that the recycled line tends to be the most stable, with vip and tournament to be not as stable, respectively.

I have only thrown the Saint a lil bit been testing it out for a couple weeks.. so far i like it but i didnt get it to replace my teebird.. for me its more distance driver-ish as far as rim,speed and distance go

They pair nicely but if you already enjoy the Escape you should wait just a little bit longer and get one when the Fuzion plastic releases. Go to DD's team page and read what they're throwing. I think all of them say they are in love with the Fuzion Escape and when it's made a public release I think a lot of us will too.

There are SO many new discs coming out right now, plus all the hype of discs in new plastics or collector releases a la 10th year Buzzzes. But I think the Escape is the disc of the year so far.

According to inbounds inFlight guide, it looks like the Saint is closest to Innova's Viking, which has me wanting one now, since the Viking is my main driver.

8550917509_3784a4f644.jpg

I haven't throw either a lot(have one of each in bag now to try) but initial impression is that the Escape handles the Forehand much better without flipping over so it may get a longer trial.

I haven't tried a Saint yet. I've been looking for a Lat, WS, or DD disc that is truly like the Teebird, but the Escape isn't it. Looking at the MS chart, the Saint and Escape are the exact same thing, and Lat, WS, and DD have nothing even close the Teebird. From where I'm sitting, I'm tempted to try a Medius.

For now I'm still throwing a Teebird.

Run from the Medius. It will turn and burn in light winds. It is not a great disc, and I am a Latitude fanboy. It was very inconsistent and unreliable for me. A Core is better in the wind. Right now after only 1 round, the Stag is the closest thing I have found to a Teebird. It goes dead straight with a very similar fade at around 300-325' of distance. I threw a 168 Tourney into some headwinds the other day and it was straight with normal fade. My guess is that for players with the ability to throw over 350' it may turn a little. At that point I'd just buy a heavy VIP. Probably a 175 or so in VIP should be damn OS.

I actually have Saints, Escapes, and Stags in the bag. The Saint i'm using as my hyzer-flip disc, or turnover disc, the Escape is my main driver, straight, good HSS, and nice fade, and the Stag is a more OS version of the Escape. They pair nicely together.

I have added the Escape to my bag recently, and have stopped testing with RGL Saints. I just cant get over how unreliable Saints are in a headwind. The Escape, on the other hand, will fly a tight S-Curve when I get on it in a headwind.

I have NOT figured out the Escape, but I am quite in tune with my Saints. I have a bunch but my usual pair is a 173 GL that I use for hyzerflip shots that move side to side a little bit and usually end up dead straight. My best distance disc in the woods.

My more stable Saint is a 164 bubblegum opto. Dispite being lighter, it's been good for me in cross winds and generally doesn't turn and fades lightly.

I throw these about 330/340'.

According to inbounds inFlight guide, it looks like the Saint is closest to Innova's Viking, which has me wanting one now, since the Viking is my main driver.

I have 3 Saints and a Viking, and I think they are very similar. My 169g RGL is the newest and flippy-est of the 3. My champ viking is a bit lighter, and has a slightly wider rim, but has nearly the same flight path as my 2 more stable Saints.

i just got a 168 gl saint
i got to throw it about six times
the first five throws were kinda awkward and not very good throws
the sixth throw flew a lot farther than i thought it would, before it finaly faded (which is cool) and got lost in the bushes
it was getting dark and couldnt find it, i am going back this morning to try and find it

OK, so if my Fury is not too understable for me, does that mean a Saint would be a better pair with it than an Escape? I am struggling with this one. Don't need a meathook, but need something to throw when the Fury is not the right choice.

For a teebird, You'd probably have to throw a teebird. They need a 6-7 speed slightly overstable fairway with NO GLIDE. IF they have it to be 6-7 glide like all their other discs they will never make the proper replacement.

Look at the stag, all that glide makes it act like a driver instead of a fairway. (also it becomes flippy pretty quickly due to the parting line height.)

For a teebird, You'd probably have to throw a teebird. They need a 6-7 speed slightly overstable fairway with NO GLIDE. IF they have it to be 6-7 glide like all their other discs they will never make the proper replacement.

Teebird = no glide? Are we thinking of the same disc??? :confused:

Latest posts