• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Beacon Basket

This is also a very important detail. In no way are these baskets in stock. Every basket made is made to order and the turn around time is 8 weeks, but this means you get full color customization, hanger etching etc. and this basket has been tested extensively by all putting styles and it catches wonderfully. I am personally curious to see this basket stack up to a Mach X. A couple of new courses around the nation have chose to use the beacon basket. I am not sure where but they will be out there.

This is also a very important detail. In no way are these baskets in stock. Every basket made is made to order and the turn around time is 8 weeks

8 weeks, huh? :rolleyes:

So, reality will be closer to 16 weeks......

I played on those arroyo baskets this summer as they did catch well the chains were rusty and the basket had only been installed less than 3 months.

Can you give some info on your putting style?

Spin or push? anhyzer straight or hyzer?

what does my putting style have to do with what i said?

I played on those arroyo baskets this summer as they did catch well the chains were rusty and the basket had only been installed less than 3 months.

thats sucks to hear..... :/

Hi everyone,
The bands can be custom however salient will still be on the basket in some form or fashion. Also custom colors can be done if an entire set of baskets is ordered.

So can we cut the middle man to not get the salient name on the basket and get the price down. And can we pay extra to not have the salient name on it.

Smyith, putting style has everything to do with spit outs. I've only had ONE putt spit out ever. Other players never stop whining about it.

So can we cut the middle man to not get the salient name on the basket and get the price down. And can we pay extra to not have the salient name on it.

I have no info on the first portion of your question. Frolfware manufactures the baskets for salient. The salient name will be in the baskets as I previously stated. I know where you are going with your questions and the answers is that the basket will have the salient name on it regardless of price.

Smyith, putting style has everything to do with spit outs. I've only had ONE putt spit out ever. Other players never stop whining about it.

please look at the words used.

i did not say anything abut it working for my style or that I have any problems...did I? I made a general comment.

additionally if you are always missing then you wont have any spit out ;p

So is frolfware teaming up with salient in a way that if you were to go to the frolfware website and order custom baskets, they would automatically come with the salient name.

Wink wink, smile smile. I still disagree that the target is poorly designed, or will cause more spit outs than any other championshipship level chains.

So is frolfware teaming up with salient in a way that if you were to go to the frolfware website and order custom baskets, they would automatically come with the salient name.

If you want your own custom basket without Salient's name on it you can special order it from Frolfware. Otherwise these are salient branded baskets that are branded with Salient's name and the funds go to Salient.

If you want your own custom basket without Salient's name on it you can special order it from Frolfware. Otherwise these are salient branded baskets that are branded with Salient's name and the funds go to Salient.

Theres the answer I was looking for the first time. Thank You

Wink wink, smile smile. I still disagree that the target is poorly designed, or will cause more spit outs than any other championship level chains.

and tho i am being a bit of an @$$, I do know putt style has an affect on spit outs. though honestly I find that spin/push matters very little (I used to think it did) and that nose angle plays a whole heck of alot more affect on the outcome. but that came after watching several pro putting clinics and catching just the lil tips that seem to get missed entirely.

and its not so much the chains that concern me. its the link setup that I am concerned about (how the chains connect to the basket)...very swing heavy design.

Innova baskets are still the best imo...especially the rusty chain ones. They catch everything even bad putts. haha.

All baskets currently on the market are missing a key design principle that is very important in sports when "passing" an object....you dont catch a ball you accept the ball....get it?....think Mighty Ducks. "You don't stop the pass. You accept it. Cradle it."

and tho i am being a bit of an @$$, I do know putt style has an affect on spit outs. though honestly I find that spin/push matters very little (I used to think it did) and that nose angle plays a whole heck of alot more affect on the outcome. but that came after watching several pro putting clinics and catching just the lil tips that seem to get missed entirely.

and its not so much the chains that concern me. its the link setup that I am concerned about (how the chains connect to the basket)...very swing heavy design.

Innova baskets are still the best imo...especially the rusty chain ones. They catch everything even bad putts. haha.

All baskets currently on the market are missing a key design principle that is very important in sports when "passing" an object....you dont catch a ball you accept the ball....get it?....think Mighty Ducks. "You don't stop the pass. You accept it. Cradle it."

actually these baskets were designed to reduce swinging, aka the pendulum effect. if you wan to get answers straight from the source, I would reccommend contacting Frolfware directly to learn more about their baskets.

Theres the answer I was looking for the first time. Thank You

you could have gone to frolfwares website and got that info too ;)

to the Salient guys, I do not suggest you advertise who is making it for you. ^^^^ will be common to do, and commonly suggested by those in the know.

actually these baskets were designed to reduce swinging, aka the pendulum effect. if you wan to get answers straight from the source, I would reccommend contacting Frolfware directly to learn more about their baskets.

ive messed with essentially the same design and linkage myself...i know full well what it does and doesnt do. i highly dount the change in chain weight has a positive effect but i may mess with it on my test basket.

to the Salient guys, I do not suggest you advertise who is making it for you. ^^^^ will be common to do, and commonly suggested by those in the know.

I went to the site and looked around but wasn't sure if they now exclusively teamed up with them. I saw the other ones without the salient name but didn't know if that was just a thing in the past.

I wasn't going to sugar coat it. Horsman asked a straight up question. there was no way to avoid that without saying who made the baskets.

Latest posts