• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Score card ?

PDGA members who are current through 2019 are now eligible for a free Pro subscription from UDisc, the official mobile app of the PDGA! The process for linking your PDGA membership and UDisc account is simple:

Make sure you've downloaded the most recent version of UDisc on your preferred operating system.
Open UDisc and tap the "Profile" tab. If you're new to the app, you'll need to create a free UDisc account.
Enter your PDGA number.
Check the email address you use for your PDGA membership and click the link to confirm you've linked the accounts.
PDGA members can now enjoy all of the benefits of a UDisc Pro subscription, which includes unlimited scoring and statistics, scorecard syncing with fellow players, and scorekeeping with Apple and Android wearables. The PDGA Official Rules of Disc Golf and Competition Manual for Disc Golf Events are also available in the "More" section of the app or from the menu bar inside a scorecard. The rulebook includes an instant search feature and is available offline.

For casual play, I just keep track of whether I'm even, or how many under or over I am. That way I only have one number to keep track of from hole to hole.

Now here's the can of worms being opened. :p

Are you talking par as it is assigned to the course you're playing or just basing your number on everything being par 3?

Now here's the can of worms being opened. :p

Are you talking par as it is assigned to the course you're playing or just basing your number on everything being par 3?

For casual rounds, I don't really care since I'm just comparing my score to the people I'm playing with.

My small local courses are all par 3, but if I go to some place bigger, we'll go with the par listed on the tee sign.

For casual rounds I used to put sticks, or pebbles, in my pocket... like birdie beads. Everything is par 3 for easy counting. Put a little stick in your pocket to keep track of strokes above par, take one out for a birdie. Once you get better and start shooting below par, put sticks in your pocket for birdies and take one out for strokes above. Or if that is too hard... strokes above par go in your left pocket and strokes below go in your right, count em up at the end. Can be adapted to any magnitude of course configurations...

I keep track in my head, if i care about my score that day.

So this may be a dumb question......Do they have score cards at these courses ? Or what do you use to keep your score ?

I use the DGCR app on my phone. It works great for keeping score and keeping track of your scores here on this site. You get a free UDisc subscription for joining PDGA and a lot of folks like that app. I use it for the measured throw feature, but I still log my rounds with the DGCR app.

I have used both, and for quickness of scoring, I like them both equally. I've grown accustomed to the UDisc app, because of the mapping feature. It helps to locate the next tee on the courses where I'm not familiar with the layout.

It became cumbersome to enter scores into both apps, so I export the CSV file and import it on my dashboard here. It takes a few clicks, but that's not a big deal. I don't really have enough scores yet to do much in the way of analytics, but that's why I take the trouble to do that. It will be interesting to see how far I have improved.

I built my own in Google Sheets. It started out fairly basic, and is now pretty detailed. It color codes automatically depending on if you are above, below, or at par for each hole, and maintains a running score throughout the match. I've used Udisc and others before, but this tends to be a little more user friendly for me. I share it with my card mates before a round (via Gmail) and we are all able to use it and see everyone's score instantly. I believe Udisc requires a subscription for this option.