• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Scottsdale/Pheonix trip

backswing_aplenty

Birdie Member
So we're going out to Scottsdale in January for 3 days during the week. Which are the courses I should hit. I hope to get 2 maybe 3 courses in depending on distances. I'll be staying at the Gainey Ranch Hyatt resort (swanky for a disc golfer I know but the wife works for the company) and I've already played the back 9 at Vista Del Camino last summer when it was 10000000 degrees out at 8pm. Looking forward to more humane temps in late January.

Fountain Hills looks the closest so that will be a definate. Are there any weeklies on Mon-Wednesday? Leagues? Random groups that go out regularly at any of the Pheonix area courses? I'll have a car and am willing to travel up to 30-45mins.

*backswing

The 2 you mentioned and Buffalo Ridge get the most talk around here. Fountain Hills looks nice, I just haven't made it over there yet. Seems like a very different experience from Buffalo.

Buffalo Ridge is fantastic, I've played most of the city courses and it's an easy favorite of mine. If you want a rugged, desert course it fits that bill. Fun elevation holes (part of course is on a mini-mtn), kind of a mix of hike and DG.

Both are roughly 30 min from where you're staying. If you want a joiner let me know. :)

Not sure about disc golf, but make sure you make it to Mill and 3rd in Tempe to check out the local talent. Plus there is a place or 20 to have a beer.

Still coming out next week. Arriving Sunday afternoon and staying until Wednesday evening. I'll be trying to squeeze in 3 courses all day Tuesday. Anyone care to join?

*backswing